Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He's a little slow but his ball skills and touch are excellent.

I was watching him earlier in the season during a half time one touch warm up for the bench players and he was a class above with his intricate touch and close control.

I can see why Garcia would like him.

He seems to have increased his speed last few games...

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Funny how a lot of us weren't convinced at first ...... A Dundee Utd fan (Conway's first club ) told me that he needs to start regularly to get confidence and if he does, just gets better and better

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Funny how a lot of us weren't convinced at first ...... A Dundee Utd fan (Conway's first club ) told me that he needs to start regularly to get confidence and if he does, just gets better and better

His first few appearances weren't convincing. However, some people know it can take a while to settle. Others were writing him off even before he made his debut and on the showing of his first matches.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Real shame that just as he hits form, he has to go back to Cardiff after next weekend. However, hopefully we'll have Buckley and KLL back fit then and we can bring Conway back permanently in January.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
There was one point yesterday where Ward overlapped him, lost the ball and Conway ran back at least 30 yards to put in a tackle. Excellent work ethic for a winger. May not be as exciting to watch as LuaLua and Buckley but I would say there is definitely a place in the team/squad for him

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Would love to see him here until the end of the season. We cannot rely on Buckley or Kaz staying fit and without those two we do lack that speed in getting forward. Conway is improving every game and his control and goal yesterday were superb.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Agree with this thread. And I actually think Conway is getting quicker! Yesterday when he burst through to score he out ran 2 defenders.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
:lolol: Football fans are so fickle, with a memory span of just one game.

Conway has been pretty poor for us, despite his very good performance yesterday.

No he hasn't. He's been very consistent. Wigan and Yeovil stand out.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
:lolol: Football fans are so fickle, with a memory span of just one game.

Conway has been pretty poor for us, despite his very good performance yesterday.

Disagree sir, from the Yeovil game onwards his performances have shown that he has good ability and was just settling in.....his performances were fine.....if you apply that mode of thinking to Conway, then why not for certain other players who didn't for many games do what they were paid for, then all of a sudden start in the last few games??

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
What goes unnoticed about Conway is how good he is defensively...very consistant and very reliable at the back, with a fantastic work rate. Reminds me a little bit of when Ashley Barnes played there.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

What on earth are you on about?! A number of assists, good link up with Wardy, a goal and plenty of tracking back, need I go on? You're either one of those who judged him before he even played or are still going on his first couple of matches because he has been key to our good form.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What on earth are you on about?! A number of assists, good link up with Wardy, a goal and plenty of tracking back, need I go on? You're either one of those who judged him before he even played or are still going on his first couple of matches because he has been key to our good form.

Just needed time to settle in. Our form has been pretty good since he has been playing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Disagree sir, from the Yeovil game onwards his performances have shown that he has good ability and was just settling in.....his performances were fine.....if you apply that mode of thinking to Conway, then why not for certain other players who didn't for many games do what they were paid for, then all of a sudden start in the last few games??

Splendid work there to engineer a dig at Barnes in a thread about Conway. My hat is DOFFED in your direction

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not good enough if we are to progress. Has been distinctly average in the main and whilst admittedly his form has improved of late, he lacks pace and is the most one-footed winger I've ever seen. Not bothered if he stays or not.

That said, he played very well yesterday, but then everyone did.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He is the James Milner of the champion ship. It's a good thing. He is consistent, plays the right ball and has a wicked cross on him. He can still beat a man to by the drop of a shoulder. So the pace thing does not matter to much ( apart when we are on a break)

His pace on the counter attack certainly didn't hinder him yesterday ;) as Hybrid has mentioned, I think Conway would be excellent playing behind Ulloa, he has all the attributes to be the perfect foil for the big man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here