Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sign him up!?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
From the Seagulls website:

"Sussex-based goalkeeper Tom Betts could realise his sporting dream if he is selected to play for England Under-18s Schoolboys against their Republic of Ireland counterparts at the Amex next Thursday - kick-off 7.35pm.

The Burgess Hill Town stopper, and former Albion season-ticket holder, has been selected for England's Centenary Shield matchday squad and he will wait and see if he is selected to start between the posts at the stunning stadium.

The 18-year-old said, "I was a season-ticket holder at Withdean then I started playing for Burgess Hill Town, so I couldn't watch Brighton play anymore. I went to various rallies for the new stadium and I've seen the Amex being built from the beginning, so it would be a dream come true to play there.

"Words can't explain what that will mean to me. The game will finish my England Under-18s career and to play at the Amex will be the perfect way to do it. If I could play anywhere in England it would be at the Amex.

"I love coming here and it will be an amazing night for me, so I just hope I start."

Betts was invited to trial for the England Schoolboy side along with 300 other players and 15 goalkeepers following a successful run of games for Sussex Under-18s, and now he could experience cup glory for England, if Wales do not get a result in Northern Ireland tonight.

"We are second in the table and Wales are ahead of us. If Wales win against Northern Ireland they win the competition but if they don't win we can either go level with them or we can win it.

"There is a lot to play for and I know so many people around this club and around the county that it will feel like a home crowd to me. I've got a lot of people coming to watch me and I can't wait.

"My life has changed since playing for England. I'm not a professional but to play for England Schoolboys and to be treated like a professional player is something very special.

"It's so surreal but so amazing and I can't explain the tingling feeling that I get down my back when I line up for the national anthem."

Tickets are still available for the England Schoolboy v ROI Schoolboy fixture on Thursday 26th April. Visit the Coming Up section of seagulls.co.uk for full details.
"

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
if i remember correctly i recall him being the goalkeeper at burgess hill pre-season he kept it at 1-0 then was subbed and the next guy let in two

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He's run the line for me a couple of times when i've reffed up at Stringer a couple of years back, seemed a nice guy, very big for his age back then. He did feature in the pre season at Burgess Hill, i'm not so sure he started though, i thought he came on off the bench.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Did I see somewhere that Mitch Walker was trialling at Orient?

Sure I've seen something but can't find it anywhere so may be wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here