Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sign here if you want Bruno to get another year ...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
814096f5ab1fa56e8025cc13d9ad9e4d--michael-jackson-quotes-famous-people.jpg

Signed, but not the famous one from America.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
And yet as arsenal broke in the last game Bruno kept pace with Knockaert tracking back. He still has plenty of pace. Some people don't use their eyes and just see 38 and assume he is slow.

If you believe that having, next year, a 39 year old at FB is moving forward then so be it. Wonder if Calde fancies a game too, he's a youthful 37.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think age is irrelevent. If the player is good enough and they want to play, get them in. He could be 50 for all I care. Are you seriously saying you would turn down a player simply because of their age!?
If we want to progress then yes, I would suggest having someone of that age in the squad and playing is not good. For experience and coaching, yes, for playing, no. Parking the bus at away games and staying up by the skin of our teeth with paceless football......whatever bag you're into.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
The team has improved measureably since he's come back in. It has to be yes even if its just cover and for the experience around the dressing room. There's so much to admire in the way he has looked after him himself and his dedication. Long may El Capitan stay besides we'd all miss that beard those bloody shorts around his arse that give him special anti-aging powers

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Once again show me the lack of pace. Also, the way forward is to put together the best squad each season. This is not necessarily the youngest. Age is not a factor, skill, fitness and ability are the only ones that matter. How does bruno's age negatively affect the team's performance in a game? Maybe I don't see it. Tell me.

Ok, I'm wrong. Keep him playing for years to come. Super idea.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Depends what he wants.
Does he want to play on or perhaps move to a new position within the club?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If we want to progress then yes, I would suggest having someone of that age in the squad and playing is not good. For experience and coaching, yes, for playing, no. Parking the bus at away games and staying up by the skin of our teeth with paceless football......whatever bag you're into.

I think I understand the point you want to make.
You just aren't making it very well.

With a limitless budget, I would agree with you.
But from a priority list, a younger better Bruno, is going to cost us a big chunk of our transfer budget.
Is that next season's priority? I don't think so.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The longer it goes without Bruno announcing anything before the Man City game, the more likely it is he is here next year ?

Was expecting a retirement announcement yesterday, so perhaps he is playing on...?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The longer it goes without Bruno announcing anything before the Man City game, the more likely it is he is here next year ?

Was expecting a retirement announcement yesterday, so perhaps he is playing on...?

Last year he signed a new one year deal in April, in 2017 it was in March.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last year he signed a new one year deal in April, in 2017 it was in March.
I hope he was seeing what league we'd be in. Maybe he didn't fancy 8 extra games in the championship at his age.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jamie Carragher was arguing, last night, that Man City should keep Kompany even if he only plays 10-15 matches next season - because of the experience he brings to the squad, and the example he sets to the younger players.

Gotta say the same about Bruno.
I don't disagree with you, but Bruno is 5 and a half years older

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sometimes people seem to confuse "Should we keep X" with "Should they be the FIRST CHOICE in their position".

Bruno should be kept, but he possibly shouldn't be first choice. It is a squad game. I think he's an ideal person to bring in for certain games where a certain mindset/tactical plan is wanted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here