Sign here if you are unhappy with Seagulls World

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dik

Oct 11, 2003
Oxford
I'm rather miffed about this.

I would suggest, as another approach to sending in a petition, castrating the MD?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Yep, cancelled a couple of weeks ago. As well as the commentary problems, the addition of DRM security on the match highlghts meant I could no longer watch them on Firefox, making the whole thing a waste of time and money.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
I have just renewed but think it very poor value compared with Sussex Cricket TV at £20pa

Also I want to see the goals from the match v MK Dons

Mr Camillin please give us a response

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Does anyone have intermittant problems watching the highlights too ?

I gave up on Friday, trying to watch an interview.

Is there hardware capable of providing a service ? The whole operation seems a little bit too flaky at the moment.

Even on a fast connection, the site can sometimes take far too long to load.

What's particularly annoying is that they don't feel the need to place something on the site to say problems are taking place.

There are links on the help pages that point to pages that no longer exist.

For some reason I can no longer access audio directly, but am forced to go through the match console.

It's so easy to stream live audio these days. They havent got ANY excuse not to provide a service.

If they are having problems their end, why havent they got backup solutions to re-route the commentary from elsewhere ?

I'll be asking for an extension to my current deal or probably some free months from the START of next season.

Extremely pissed off.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
There's an apology at the bottom of the match report on the official site, lets hope its sorted by the next game.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Race said:
There's an apology at the bottom of the match report on the official site, lets hope its sorted by the next game.

The club would like to apologise for the lack of match commentary on Seagulls World owing to circumstances out of our control. We appreciate fully the inconvenience caused, but would like to assure supporters that a full investigation will now be carried out to ensure the problem does not occur in future.

That's good of the club, but hardly their fault.

An acknowledgement from Premium TV would be good.

If they've the time to ring me and ask me to re-subscribed, they can damn well ring me up on Monday and apologise

right pissed me off

:angry: :angry: :D

(.. and having to be subjected to that complete prune on the Bradford commentary and his rude comments about your husband )

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
clapham_gull said:

(.. and having to be subjected to that complete prune on the Bradford commentary and his rude comments about your husband )

Prune! now thats very polite!! Actually some of his comments were quite amusing seeing as we were winning at the time, just made him look like a bad loser! He didnt seem to have a clue what he was doing or who he was talking too!!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
seagull4life said:
I JUST renewed before the MK Dons match and look what I've got since, not the 2 matches I was expecting thank you very much.

Unhappy :angry:

Exactly the same for me...nearly £40 for a year's subscription and don't deliver what they promise.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I dont really bother with the commentry as it is about 30 seconds behind the normal radio anyway.
Only use it for the goals.

The only thing im pissed of about is lack of Johnstons Paint goals :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Very frustrating.

In one fell swoop, Premium TV has alienated anyone with an Apple Mac, anyone who wants to see their club's goals and interviews, and anyone who want to hear live commentary, all in the name of, um, progress.

So the only way they decide you shouldn't 'pirate' the goals is to not let you see them? Good one.

Big Rob

Nov 2, 2005
:wave:

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
An absolute waste of money.

The person doing the video work is a complete F***ing amateur. The footage from the training Friday ground was crap, sun behind the subject so their face a in complete shadow (the camera cant see into shadows, they teach you that at O level) you can get a reflector at Jessops for £20, and you charge me £35.

And as for live comentry, something i can get for free on southern counties.

Never again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports