Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sight - worrying vision of the near future - for fans of Charlie Brooker/Black Mirror

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would you want to live like this?

http://vimeo.com/46304267

A short futuristic film by Eran May-raz and Daniel Lazo.
"This is our graduation project from Bezaleal academy of arts."

Only a film, but worryingly plausible with Google Glass etc on the way.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Longish vid (about 7mins) but worth the watch.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
That was awesome. Definitely had a Black Mirror vibe to it, especially as it went on.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
thanks for that, enjoyed it

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Very good!

Off topic but anyone watching the disturbing Utopia?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can't wait for tonight's Black Mirror - last week's was incredible...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Longish vid (about 7mins) but worth the watch.

Longish?!!! 7 mins?!! Says a lot about people's attention spans these days and that's the frightening reality of the present never mind the future! No offence,like. No wonder people can't watch a footy game without leaving early ;)

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Is it worrying though? Would you not want to get involved in all that jazz? Honest question.

But brilliant video, brilliant edit.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Apart from the end, I didn't find any of it worrying, it looked pretty sweet to me :thumbsup: Nicely made video though. with a slightly different twist to the usual AR stories :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Longish?!!! 7 mins?!! Says a lot about people's attention spans these days and that's the frightening reality of the present never mind the future! No offence,like. No wonder people can't watch a footy game without leaving early ;)

You know what I mean, for a YouTube browsey type video. But yes, you have a point.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it worrying though? Would you not want to get involved in all that jazz? Honest question.

But brilliant video, brilliant edit.

Apart from the end, I didn't find any of it worrying, it looked pretty sweet to me :thumbsup: Nicely made video though. with a slightly different twist to the usual AR stories :)

More scary in terms of what it could mean for social interaction. Also, what if it got "hacked" or "crashed"? Could be terrifying.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You know what I mean, for a YouTube browsey type video. But yes, you have a point.

:) Sorry meant to add I enjoyed this so thank you for posting.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Am listening to Arcade Fire's Black Mirror to get me in the mood for tonight's Black Mirror. Last in the series. Tales of the Unexpected for the Millenium generation (or a complete rip off if Spielberg's A.I. if you saw the first episode of this series)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here