Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Sigh* Player Ratings - BHAFC v Nottingham Forest

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This doesn't happen very often, by I'm in total agreement with you. If we wanted a winger with no pace we could have just carried on playing Spanish Dave out wide. The money needs to be used for a striker.

What also annoys me about his signing is that it puts another block on March, Dickensen and also Barker. Why? We have players at the club who should be using this player shortage to get their foot in the door. We've heard a LOT of guff about Oscar's faith in youth, but it clearly isn't true because Dunk, Ince, March, Barker, Maksimenko and Dickensen are all being blatantly ignored in favour of older heads coming in on loan. JFC is only being used sparingly out of necessity, rather than choice.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What also annoys me about his signing is that it puts another block on March, Dickensen and also Barker. Why? We have players at the club who should be using this player shortage to get their foot in the door. We've heard a LOT of guff about Oscar's faith in youth, but it clearly isn't true because Dunk, Ince, March, Barker, Maksimenko and Dickensen are all being blatantly ignored in favour of older heads coming in on loan. JFC is only being used sparingly out of necessity, rather than choice.

Twice in one day that you're bang on the money. Instead of Conway coming yesterday we needed March, young, raw and with a point to prove with that confident arrogance that young players have these days, not a moocher who isn't particularly interested. Ince should have been on that pitch yesterday, I like Andrews but he ducked every aerial ball in his direction, Rohan would have put his head right through it and given the defence a moment to organise.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Twice in one day that you're bang on the money. Instead of Conway coming yesterday we needed March, young, raw and with a point to prove with that confident arrogance that young players have these days, not a moocher who isn't particularly interested. Ince should have been on that pitch yesterday, I like Andrews but he ducked every aerial ball in his direction, Rohan would have put his head right through it and given the defence a moment to organise.

You're spot on. Absolutely spot on. I am concerned by the direction we're going in at the moment. There isn't a clear path or a clear idea.

But that's enough of that. You're talking complete nonsense and should pipe down a touch!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All 6 apart from Pig and KLL 7.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We've heard a LOT of guff about Oscar's faith in youth, but it clearly isn't true because Dunk, Ince, March, Barker, Maksimenko and Dickensen are all being blatantly ignored in favour of older heads coming in on loan. JFC is only being used sparingly out of necessity, rather than choice.

Who from? I honestly don't remember a lot coming from Oscar or his team. I remember him saying he liked working with them, but not much about bringing them through. I remember pre-season/early days a few people on here were going on about it, but that comments from nathan jones and oscar in the argus didn't seem to suggest they would choose to play a lot of youth players.

(I think this one http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/105...tt_is_peaking_at_right_time_for_big_kick_off/ "ones has also urged Albion’s youngsters to continue pressing their claims after striker George Barker opened the scoring in their fourth friendly win out of four at the Broadfield Stadium.

He said: "George has been looking quite lively in training. A few of the youngsters now need to step up as well, because we want the development squad to produce a few players and push the players we’ve got.

"We’ve got a strong squad, we are looking to add, but it’s good for young players like Georgie and (Jake) Forster-Caskey to show they might be ready."
suggesting that it wasn't in the plans to bring them through until they were ready.)

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Kuszczak - 8

Ward - 7
Greer - 4
Upson - 5
Calderon - 6

Lualua - 7
Buckley - 5
Crofts - 7
Andrews - 6
JFC - 5

Barnes - 5

Lualua was doing EXACTLY what a winger should do. He either cuts inside and generally has a good long range shot, or runs to the by-line and gets a dangerous cross into the box. He was doing low crosses which is basically playing to our strengths, because Barnes is hardly going to out-jump a defender. Maybe some people from a distance assumed he was just shooting again and again, but those low balls can bounce off anything.

It's really not as selfish as some people say. They want him to pass the ball rather than beat the man when the only option to pass is back to Ward. Why? He is pretty good at beating defenders so let him get on with it. I like watching possession football, but not just passing between the back 4 when the opposing team is a man down and are very content to sit back and defend.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
My feelings on Barnes are unrelated to my feelings on KLL. I have been critical of Barnes within this thread. Any link between the two for me is more about fan reaction to Barnes in comparison to fan reaction to KLL.

I'm not sure what needs to be explained. From the start of the game KLL would play with his head down, try to take on too many people and eventually blast it off target, or at a defender. So the argument that he got fed up with team mates not doing enough with what he provided for them doesn't hold water for me, because he wasn't really providing for them.

Yes, I like to be entertained, but I don't find someone waiting for three defenders to cover him so he can run a bit and blast the ball at one of them or into the crowd entertaining. I find players passing to each other, moving around, providing options for other passes entertaining. I find teams working as a cohesive unit entertaining. I find genuine goal threats entertaining. When KLL uses his team mates, or manages to actually get a cross into a dangerous area I find him entertaining. He didn't do that yesterday.

KLL provided CMS with 100 crosses on his left foot. CMS scored none, so KLL got ZERO assists. Where does the issue lie?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
KLL provided CMS with 100 crosses on his left foot. CMS scored none, so KLL got ZERO assists. Where does the issue lie?

What, yesterday? I'm not saying KLL is never good. I'm saying sometimes he is overrated simply because it's him, and yesterday was one of those performances. It wasn't as much an issue last season because the team was performing so I could accept a degree of over exuberance when rating. But we've not performed this seasons so it sticks in the craw more.

If it's actually a good cross, the issue lies with the failure to get on the end of it. If it's a bad cross, the issue lies with KLL.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Kuszczak - 7

Ward - 7
Greer - 4
Upson - 5
Calderon - 5

Lualua - 7
Buckley - 6
Crofts - 7
Andrews - 5
JFC - 6

Barnes - 5

I didn't think we were particularly bad until the third went in. However like Tuesday there wasn't a lot of pressure on them when they had the ball and to not try and remedy that with the introduction of Ince in either game is pretty odd

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Kuszczak - 7

Ward - 7
Greer - 4
Upson - 5
Calderon - 5

Lualua - 7
Buckley - 6
Crofts - 7
Andrews - 5
JFC - 6

Barnes - 5

I didn't think we were particularly bad until the third went in. However like Tuesday there wasn't a lot of pressure on them when they had the ball and to not try and remedy that with the introduction of Ince in either game is pretty odd

Interesting that you should say that, as I thought that the 10 or so minutes after they scored the 3rd was our best spell in the game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There is another ratings thread which I started on Saturday and which I have just bounced. I believe it has 7 replies.

Yep, just read that. Thanks. I think a couple of them coped their replies in here, but I'll add the ones that didn't.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Including
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?288095-Ratings-vs-Forest
and
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?288096-Player-ratings-vs-Nottm-Forest
(since Ninja Elephant didn't get back to me, I've averaged his marks where they differed)

Starters (25 votes)
Lualua 7.52
Kuszczak 7.27 (24 votes)
Crofts 6.58
Ward 6.06
Upson 5.24
Buckley 5.20
Calderon 5.18 (83mins)
Forster-Caskey 5.08 (65mins)
Andrews 4.88
Barnes 4.65 (86mins - 24votes)
Greer 3.92

Subs
Barker 5.09 (11mins - 11 votes)
David Lopez 4.21 (32mins - 21 votes)
Conway 4.08 (14mins - 19 votes)

Squad Average - 5.35

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Barker 5.09 is harsh. What's he meant to do for 10 minutes, he's tiny and they're playing 9 men behind the ball.

Feb 3, 2013
I've had enough of the low ratings everyone gives dave on NSC, yes he made a few pointless balls over the top but at least he passes forward, that's more than I can say crofts, Andrews and JFC, the least creative midfield you could get. JFC is a league 2 player at best, when did you see him make a pass that went in front of him. Andrews can be good, just had a bad game, and crofts runs around with the first touch of a very young goalkeeper

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I've had enough of the low ratings everyone gives dave on NSC, yes he made a few pointless balls over the top but at least he passes forward, that's more than I can say crofts, Andrews and JFC, the least creative midfield you could get. JFC is a league 2 player at best, when did you see him make a pass that went in front of him. Andrews can be good, just had a bad game, and crofts runs around with the first touch of a very young goalkeeper

Do you know anything about football? Have you watched us this season?
Dave deserves his low scores, crofts has been very good and jfc although no where near the finished article is def not league 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here