Sian Massey for play offs please

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
She definitely is a class linesman, although I'd have to say you don't hear much about other linesmen so maybe view is skewed as she gets a lot more attention. Funnily enough been mentioning her in my dissertation, pretty impressive to not just handle the pressure a stadium of football fans puts on you but also the extra media attention she gets and still tend to get most of the decisions right. But, this probably has more to do with the quality of the training of referees in this country in general regardless of gender so almost any referee team would be good enough.

A 'class' Lino? Really? Based on what?

MuppetMaestro

Apr 22, 2013
A 'class' Lino? Really? Based on what?

She, and most of the linesman in this country, is fantastic. The percentage of decisions being correct is extremely high, the number being touted on television is usually between 90-95%. As to her specifically, from the matches I've seen she handles her end of the pitch very well. The match this weekend did nothing to make me think otherwise, and the comment about her reaction to the kick on Luiz only strengthens this. Would you be able to provide occasions where her standard has slipped below that of any other linesman? I'm not saying that the refereeing in the English leagues is 100% accurate, just that it maintains a very high standard. The introduction of goal line technology will only help to keep it that way, personally I'd be quite happy to see technology play a bigger part overall in the game even for offsides and other areas that aren't a matter of interpretation.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports