Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Siamese stadiums in liverpool

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
The Merseyside rivals would effectively have separate grounds in Stanley Park connected by a central spine housing collective facilities, according to proposals released to the Liverpool Echo.

Mersey Stadia-Connex group, who are behind the idea, claim the design could save the clubs between £180m-£220m, while allowing them their own stadia.

The blueprint proposes a 60,000-seater ground for Liverpool and a 50,000 capacity for Everton, to be completed as soon as 2013. The 10-story spine includes a 300-bed hotel, hospitality facilities, 150 executive boxes and a huge underground car park.

Premier League - 'Siamese stadium' in Liverpool? - Yahoo! Eurosport

any one else think this is a stupid idea???

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That has to be the most stupid, bone-headed idea I have ever seen.

ebfc08a339dc0e78a08f52faa0760808.jpg

Scousers.

:facepalm:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i think its pretty flair

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
why they can't share a stadium is beyond me. I would hope that Liverpool City Council would turn down seperate proposals. Central government need to pipe up on this one, once the dust has settled

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
why they can't share a stadium is beyond me. I would hope that Liverpool City Council would turn down seperate proposals. Central government need to pipe up on this one, once the dust has settled

Why they can't just stay where they are is beyond me. I haven't been to either but I'm willing to bet that Anfield and Goodison Park won't be bettered by new McBowl stadiums, not to mention the fact that they are actually in Liverpool at the moment.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Flair but shit.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They're Scousers, thick bastards. No doubt that if the grounds were built they'd then whine that they have no parks.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I had to check the date on that to see it wasn't 1st April. What a stupid idea!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why dont they just build a 75 thousand seater stadium and groundshare ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
that is AWFUL

The joke is that unlike teams like the Milan clubs, the Turin and the Genoa clubs the Dundee clubs are not what you might call wealthy. The two Nottingham clubs are not that far apart either. Several London clubs (say Brentford and QPR) would be quids in if they ground shared as would the three South London teams. The Bristol teams would be better off in one stadium ad so on. Still, common sense is clearly at a premium in British football.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
you would be pissed off if you booked a room overlooking the ground for a match only to find that you have been put in a room overlooking the wrong pitch.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
horrific, surely this is someones idea of a bad joke.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Why can't they just build one whopping great stadium and share...they could even go as far as the stadium in Munich and light it up in different colours for the games, depending on who is at home.

allianzarenacombo.jpg

I reckon that looks pretty smart, although I do prefer it in blue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here