• Bacon

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'd like to wish all at NSC a very happy Pancake Day! Another of the great days on the calendar, all of the festivities and gluttony.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maple syrup and cream all the way.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Love pancake day

When my kids were at home, we'd start with tuna and sweetcorn, move onto peanut butter and jam and finish with either lemon and sugar or chocolate and cream or Nutella.

Kids would all want at least 5 each, often more!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'd like to wish all at NSC a very happy Pancake Day! Another of the great days on the calendar, all of the festivities and gluttony.
You are so dumb!

It's called Jif Lemon Day................................idiot

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Love pancake day

When my kids were at home, we'd start with tuna and sweetcorn, move onto peanut butter and jam and finish with either lemon and sugar or chocolate and cream or Nutella.

Kids would all want at least 5 each, often more!
Indeed Shrove Tuesday is one of the great days of the year, there is no doubt. If the government were to grant an extra bank holiday to the nation they could do a lot worse than selecting Shrove Tuesday as that day. So many fond memories of Shrove Tuesdays in the past, family gatherings and pancakes a plenty with so many splendid toppings. Trying (and failing) to flip the pancake in the air and the many laughs in doing so.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'll have some classic lemon and sugar this evening but will lunch will be a more elaborate pork and prawn bánh xèo, which is basically a Vietnamese crepe.

Any vegans out there might want to have a go at the bánh xèo (minus the pork and prawn, of course). No milk or eggs, just flour, turmeric, water and coconut cream/milk. You can fill it with whatever veg takes your fancy. https://www.hungryhuy.com/banh-xeo-savory-vietnamese-crepes/

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Indeed Shrove Tuesday is one of the great days of the year, there is no doubt. If the government were to grant an extra bank holiday to the nation they could do a lot worse than selecting Shrove Tuesday as that day. So many fond memories of Shrove Tuesdays in the past, family gatherings and pancakes a plenty with so many splendid toppings. Trying (and failing) to flip the pancake in the air and the many laughs in doing so.
It'll eventually be pushed out as some tired and anachronistic ritual, favoured by the dinosaur Boomers.... probably replaced by some flaky Gen Z driven homage to a random online influencer.... or similar .... 😁

For me it's a great annual occasion.... we can have pancakes anytime of course, but they always make us smile as a family... Lemon and sugar only in our house.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Anyone choosing meat paste for a pancake filling needs a serious word with themselves.

For a type 1 diabetic this is an insulin big-dose day for me as the carb intake is horrific.

Golden syrup, Nutella, sugar/lemon. Not necessarily in that order. 2 of each and I'm done.

Youngest daughter coming round with the grandkids for a family feast.

Another religious festival like Easter and Christmas that has lost its original purpose.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Anyone choosing meat paste for a pancake filling needs a serious word with themselves.

For a type 1 diabetic this is an insulin big-dose day for me as the carb intake is horrific.

Golden syrup, Nutella, sugar/lemon. Not necessarily in that order. 2 of each and I'm done.

Youngest daughter coming round with the grandkids for a family feast.

Another religious festival like Easter and Christmas that has lost its original purpose.
Its original purpose was to celebrate the change in seasons with the round pancake portrayed as symbolism of the Sun.
The other events are religious.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Last year for the first time I tried Lager Pancakes, absolutely brilliant, try them, method below. The theory is that the bubbles in the lager helps to aerate the batter.

You will need these ingredients: 6 eggs, 200g flour, 300ml milk, pinch of soda bic, pinch of salt, pinch grated nutmeg, 100ml thick double cream, teaspoon of cornflour, three leaves of gelatine soaked in cold water, and four cans of good quality strong lager. Set the oven to 200°C.

Method: mix all the ingredients, except the lager, into a large mixing bowl. Throw all that shit into the bin. Drink the lager. Marvellous. Lager Pancakes everyone.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Its original purpose was to celebrate the change in seasons with the round pancake portrayed as symbolism of the Sun.
The other events are religious.
Are you sure?
(Or have you whooshed me?)

My understanding is that Shrove Tuesday is the big feast before Ash Wednesday which is the start of Lent. 40 days before Easter.

We all binge on pancakes but often ignore Lent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here