Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoya tomizawa Killed in Moto GP crash

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It was today's moto2 race and was a sickening accident involving two other riders.

This follows on from the death of a 13-year old racer in a motogp support race last weekend in America.

RIP Showa

RIP Peter Lenz

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
RIP

[yt]Ycarxjx34m0[/yt]

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Oh my god

RIP

That is horrific. Brave kid, MotoGP is a dangerous sport. At least in a car if you let go of the wheel, or lose control of the car your body doesn't skid along the track!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
i've just read how they ended the MotoGP (his passing was during Moto2 - the class below)

All podium flags raised to half mast, no champagne to celebrate.

A nice touch I think, Rossi has said "Nothing else matters".

Thats how to honour a sporting death at the first instance IMO.

RIP Shoya

RIP Peter

Seems cruel that Lenz, a superbly talented rider BTW and tipped to be a world champion, was honoured before the 125 race to be followed by the death of Shoya, himself a talented rider, winner of the inaugural Moto2.

Every time these guys saddle up they literally put their life on line for the sport they love and have the desire to win - puts a lot of todays 'sportsmen' to shame.

HCQ

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I did this sport for almost 10 years back in the 80's - never got to international standard, but I "lost" a few mates along the way.

Without doubt the safest way to ride a motorcycle quick - I had a prang at Brands and swallowed my tounge and the fact that a marshall was with me inside 10 seconds and pulled it out probably saved my life.

Great sport, but can be dangerous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here