Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Showaddywaddy - Are they still relevant?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
hahahahahahahaha... you bored Car Wash? And have you sorted out your holiday to Turkey yet?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes, but only as a punchline for a Jimmy Saville impression/joke, as often delivered by Hugh Dennis.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Showaddwaddy were and remain one of the most important and seminal rock bands in the history of music. I must go now - my medicine is ready and the nurse wants to put my straitjacket back on.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
QUOTE=CarWash;2378312]See Buzzers first post on the Enoch Powell thread (page 1)[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:[

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Ah Showaddywaddy...now as a young boy I found it terribly confusing because I was sure that the lead singer played up front for Man Utd. I am perhaps alone with my Dave Bartram/Stuart Pearson problem but I think airing it on NSC has, at long last, helped and I can now be returned into the community.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ah Showaddywaddy...now as a young boy I found it terribly confusing because I was sure that the lead singer played up front for Man Utd. I am perhaps alone with my Dave Bartram/Stuart Pearson problem but I think airing it on NSC has, at long last, helped and I can now be returned into the community.

It's odd you say that - for me, it was always Dave Bartram and Roy North (Basil Brush's Mr Roy)

_1603078_basil300.jpg
1975promopica.jpg

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Trevor Oakes, pictured in the yellow drape, is the father of Scott Oakes (ex Luton)and Stefan Oakes (currently still playing at Wycombe).

He wrote 'Hey Rock and Roll'.

What a guy !

Where would Katie Mehlua, Norah Jones and Daniel O' Donnell be without the driving influence of the 'Waddy?

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Blimey TLO those clones are getting everywhere. Still there were only certain "looks" available to cool cats in the 70's I suppose...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here