Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should you wish to watch our Women at Leicester at 3.00pm today...

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
...watch it here;
It costs nothing to sign up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
200w.gif

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Although one of the few on here who wholeheartedly support our women’s team, the WSL suffers from the Arsenal/Chelsea/City stranglehold, with United and Liverpool close behind. Less competitive than the PL, although the same issues persists there to a lesser extent. Mere survival the name of the game for the likes of us.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Although one of the few on here who wholeheartedly support our women’s team, the WSL suffers from the Arsenal/Chelsea/City stranglehold, with United and Liverpool close behind. Less competitive than the PL, although the same issues persists there to a lesser extent. Mere survival the name of the game for the likes of us.
Which makes the target of ‘consistent top 4’ in the WSL even more ambitious than ‘consistent top 10’ in the PL

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sure many on here that wholeheartedly support our womens team. The problem is the standard is so poor with players unable to do the basics so just not entertaining. Something is wrong and nolt just money. Bloom has supplied £m s for facilities and overseas internationnal players and managers. I can only presume these players are good individuals but just dont play as a team.
Hopefully will be able to watch some today and lets hope we can at least compete

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there any form of FFP in the WSL?

I ask, because the budgets are minuscule compared to the men's top tier, so it doesn't feel like it would cost much, in absolute terms, to "go for it" in the WSL.

Or maybe we have, and we've just had poor returns from the investments made.

Whilst pondering this, I found the Deloitte report on the women's game which might interest some:

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
I have watched them regularly this season and just can't see any improvement. Lightweight, poor ball control, poor passing and poor decision making. To be fair there are some exceptions and they do have a few injuries in a smallish squad but the interim coach does not appear to have made any significant impact.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Boom - would be a huge win this…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Superb goal! Their’s had a hint of offside about it maybe too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here