Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Should we treat fly tippers in a similar way?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I really hope that you guys are not watching neighbours from hell on ITV at the moment, I just channel hopped into it and it was all about fly tipping, a mattress was thrown into a neighbours front garden!
If you want your piss to boil watch it or record it on +1.
Back to fags, we have mentioned pubs and offices but is there a worse or sadder site than patients outside the front of a hospital, with a huge no smoking sign, still in their dressing gowns and attached to drips, puffing away and throwing the butts on the pavement.

Yes......all the doctors and nurses doing it.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I really hope that you guys are not watching neighbours from hell on ITV at the moment, I just channel hopped into it and it was all about fly tipping, a mattress was thrown into a neighbours front garden!
If you want your piss to boil watch it or record it on +1.
Back to fags, we have mentioned pubs and offices but is there a worse or sadder site than patients outside the front of a hospital, with a huge no smoking sign, still in their dressing gowns and attached to drips, puffing away and throwing the butts on the pavement.
It is indeed a sad sight, when people in one of the most distressful experiences of their lives, possibly experiencing the end of their lives, are suddenly and forcibly deprived of their main comfort just when they need it most just to satisfy the aspirations of the anti-smoking fascists. Yes, we all know smoking is unhealthy, and it is right that it should be discouraged, particular the young form taking it up in the first place. But just tell me, somebody, how somebody dying of terminal cancer benefits by being made to give up smoking. You can't, because there is no benefit - it's just cruelty.
If these poor sods are putting their butts on the pavement, it is because the hospital management are too blinkered and bigoted to provide ash trays - not outside the buildings, perhaps, but it is quite possible to provide a sealed off from the rest of the hospital smoking area. They just don't want to do it.

P.S. before the ASH (Anti Smoking Hysteria) hard liners start piling in on me, I don't smoke. I just have sympathy for the smoking addicts. Drug addicts get NHS help, alcohol addicts get treatment on the NHS; nicotine addicts just get persecuted.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I support the tough stance.

That fine should put anyone off. That said a fairer punishment would have been pay the retrieval costs and have the vehicle used seized.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Saw a rubbish one today in town. Somebody had dumped the inevitable mattress outside their front door (or more likely the front door five doors along in the middle of the night) with the fake-generous 'Free - Please Take' notice attached. It was raining at the time.

God I hate the self-serving wankers in this town sometimes...

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The local authority 'next door' to mine now charges for 'diy' building waste. To avoid this charge, people were just driving the few extra miles to my local tip. Now my local authority employs someone full time to check people's address on entry to the tip, to turn them away if they don't live within the area.

So now, not only do we have increased fly tipping but there's an extra full time employee to pay as well.

It's such a comfort knowing my council tax is being well spent.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The local authority 'next door' to mine now charges for 'diy' building waste. To avoid this charge, people were just driving the few extra miles to my local tip. Now my local authority employs someone full time to check people's address on entry to the tip, to turn them away if they don't live within the area.

So now, not only do we have increased fly tipping but there's an extra full time employee to pay as well.

It's such a comfort knowing my council tax is being well spent.

Yep, there's a high-viz herbert at the entrance to the Shoreham one now who stops you and asks for a postcode. I've not actually been asked for proof yet, but I'm sure it'll be a requirement soon.

If councils make it hassle, and costly hassle to dump stuff, then regardless of the penalties and sanctions they threaten, there's going to be a very obvious consequence. Then we'll have more news about even more thousands of pounds its costing to clear this shit up.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yep, there's a high-viz herbert at the entrance to the Shoreham one now who stops you and asks for a postcode. I've not actually been asked for proof yet, but I'm sure it'll be a requirement soon.

If councils make it hassle, and costly hassle to dump stuff, then regardless of the penalties and sanctions they threaten, there's going to be a very obvious consequence. Then we'll have more news about even more thousands of pounds its costing to clear this shit up.

It's a depressing time when you need fake ID to get into a tip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here