Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we sell Locadia in the Summer?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] probably meant the comment, as rather tongue in cheek, more frustrated that Locadia didn't get a chance today.
IMO I think, we'll all be glad when we're absolutely safe :thumbsup:

It would not surprise me if Hughton started Locadia against United. He could have a burst of xx xx minutes with either or both Murray and Ulloa to come on if he did or did not play well. Would not be surprised if Solly started ahead of Izzy.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Given how many people are on the call in on radio sussex questioning why he hasn't been used, it didn't seem surprising to see a thread like this. I was going to look at the appearances record of Izquierdo v Locadia to support stat starting this thread, but found that contrary to what I thought, it's actually quite similar. Over his first three months, Izquierdo made 7 appearances, over his first three, Locardia has made 6, and let's remember he was injured when he joined us so unavailable for a couple of weeks. I know it is frustrating, but it sees to be part of the process of settling them into the team

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It would not surprise me if Hughton started Locadia against United. He could have a burst of xx xx minutes with either or both Murray and Ulloa to come on if he did or did not play well. Would not be surprised if Solly started ahead of Izzy.

Why not chap, it's all about rotation, give the ones a chance, when others are not delivering :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assume statbrother is being mischievously amusing... Anyway, the thread made ME laugh ��

Careful, that kind of thinking might get you into all sorts of trouble. :lol:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Funnily enough I thought the OP was serious. I can't see Ulloa staying unless he is free as he did not offer much today. I guess it will depend on who is available.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given how many people are on the call in on radio sussex questioning why he hasn't been used, it didn't seem surprising to see a thread like this.
How very dare you.
I laugh at the rest of it, but likening me to Radio Sussex caller is just too much.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

It would surprise me. Hughton for all his admirable managerial qualities is a manager that values safety first/tried and tested over flair and risk. Served us well up to now obviously but interesting to see what happens next season if we have a poor start.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No.

The Dutch league is very poor and the pace of our game catches most out at first.

Needs a pre-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It would surprise me. Hughton for all his admirable managerial qualities is a manager that values safety first/tried and tested over flair and risk. Served us well up to now obviously but interesting to see what happens next season if we have a poor start.

I agree but he may give Locadia the chance to lead the line from the start to see if he can unsettle United with more speed. He seems to like Murray as a hold up player and good at defending if we are leading or to secure a draw. He tried it today to a certain extent with Ulloa starting and Murray (dependable) replacing him late on. If Ulloa failed to make an impact he my try Locadia. It could well be the right game for him to start and try to nick an early goal before its backs to the wall time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given how many people are on the call in on radio sussex questioning why he hasn't been used, it didn't seem surprising to see a thread like this. I was going to look at the appearances record of Izquierdo v Locadia to support stat starting this thread, but found that contrary to what I thought, it's actually quite similar. Over his first three months, Izquierdo made 7 appearances, over his first three, Locardia has made 6, and let's remember he was injured when he joined us so unavailable for a couple of weeks. I know it is frustrating, but it sees to be part of the process of settling them into the team
Jose only had one 'Mickey Mouse' cup game to use for bedding in, half of Locadia's appearances must be FA cup.

Also Jose arrived with the team up against it, after a poor start, whereas Jurgen, even after his injury should have been able to slot into a settled side who were picking up decent points.

Remember we're 2 days away from May and he arrived mid January.and was fit to play a month later.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Still time for Locadia to come good in my view.

Next season I reckon CH will stick with Murray, Locadia, and Baldock in the strikers dept and get rid of Hemed.

I don't think he will go after another striker with his preference of only ever playing 1 up front, as much as I'd like to see a 4th striker brought in. Maybe he will blow the budget on a more creative/attacking midfielder?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sometimes if you have nothing useful to type then don't type anything. I know it will hurt your post count but I get fed up with reading mostly turgid stuff from you..

That's unfair. His posts are interesting. Yes I 'jawdropped' at first to the start of this thread, but he explained himself :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I agree but he may give Locadia the chance to lead the line from the start to see if he can unsettle United with more speed. He seems to like Murray as a hold up player and good at defending if we are leading or to secure a draw. He tried it today to a certain extent with Ulloa starting and Murray (dependable) replacing him late on. If Ulloa failed to make an impact he my try Locadia. It could well be the right game for him to start and try to nick an early goal before its backs to the wall time.

Agree would like to see him play in his favoured position, he played well at Old Trafford (out of preferred position) in the FA Cup QF but we know Hughton values rigidly following the 'everyone is a defender first doctrine' so is willing to keep our most expensive flair signings on the bench. It has worked so far therefore hard to criticise. A fair assessment of Locadia can only be made when he gets a run of games up front.

Suggesting we could sell him is obviously absurd.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Funnily enough I thought the OP was serious. I can't see Ulloa staying unless he is free as he did not offer much today. I guess it will depend on who is available.

Ulloa, like many strikers thrives on service. We have very little creativity in our squad. The wide men are some of the poorest I have seen in crossing a ball or taking corners and the full backs are equally culpable. Gross is the only player we have who is capable of playing in a quality ball and too much rests on his shoulders. We need to search for another quality provider in the summer, as this lack of decent final ball scuppers much good approach play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here