Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we sell Ashley Barnes to Burnley for 500k

Shoule we sell Barnes to Burnley for 500k?

• Total voters

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
500k seems a bit low, more like a million I'd have thought. He's still 23, should get better over the next few seasons. Not to mention that at this point we probably won't have time to replace him.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Do you mean "Only if we have offered him...."?
Otherwise I am out as I understand little anymore.

Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. Either way, if his contract expires, he can leave. However, if we have offered him a greater or equal contract to his current one, we would be entitled to compensation from any new club he was to join. This was the case when Grant Hall left us for Spurs IIRC.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Other.

500K seems light, but if it gives enough to up our finances to land the striker we want then it's a good deal.

Also, if he has refused a new contract, and we don't sell him this window, we'll be getting less than 500K in January.

Read my mind - exactly as you said :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You might as well have asked "Should you punch yourself in the face"?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£1M at least.

Plus we will need 2 strikers in if he leaves.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'm not convinced by him but don't want to sell at 500k. If someone else is being lined up as a better replacement then he may as well go if CMS is close to regaining fitness. However if he has refused an extension then let him go now for whatever we can get!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't get this 'if we have a better player lined up' argument. No deal is guaranteed until the dotted line is signed, so to sell a player in a position where we are already thin on the ground, in the hope that a better one is around the corner is reckless.
I'm glad we've told Burnley where to stick their offer which was derisory imo.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No.

Last edited:

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Personally I think Barnes gives the ball away too often and gets himself in the refs book far to easily.
However we are light on strikers and 500k is not enough.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bite their hands off for that kind of money, he's so lightweight he isn't even worth that much.

:fishing:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I like Barnsey, works hard, puts himself about well, and he"s a decent player.

OG seems to like him too.

I say keep him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here