Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we move the Boxing Day Game to Withdean?

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Positives
-If nothing else it use to be fun at Withdean.
-Love the comment about away fans being socially distanced.
-Standing & potential snowball fights
-Eliminates the current boredom of Amex Fixtures
-Show PL players what life is really like

Negatives
No Piglet pies or pints of Harvey’s

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Great idea, however we may end up with too many people arriving for a bit of nostalgia

I would love to see us play there again. Maybe we should petition Mr Barber for there to be one pre season friendly there each year. We could say it is to make sure new players know the history but would more be for the old farts to reminisce and have a few pints at the Sportsman

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Great idea, however we may end up with too many people arriving for a bit of nostalgia

I would love to see us play there again. Maybe we should petition Mr Barber for there to be one pre season friendly there each year. We could say it is to make sure new players know the history but would more be for the old farts to reminisce and have a few pints at the Sportsman

Nowhere near as much money is spent on the pitch since the Albion stopped using it so I wouldn't think the players would be too impressed,

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This would be a positive for me as I occasionally enjoyed buying chips at Withdean.

We've managed to find the only fan who enjoyed the Withdean catering!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
We've managed to find the only fan who enjoyed the Withdean catering!
A Mr Whippy at halftime was quite unique. Happy memories (sat dry in the Northstand that is) and the singing section everyone together seemed to work maybe the Amex could introduce a singing section?

Jul 7, 2003
Oh yessss, the guy sat in front of me always brought binoculars to the games so he could peer in at them from across the pitch.

Mind you he was a pervert. :)

Didn't know El Pres sat in front of you:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here