• Yes

Votes: 137 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 153 52.8%

• Total voters

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's just left Chelsea because he wants control more over transfers, we just got rid of a manager who wants more money and control over transfers.... this does not add up at all. Its a hard NO from me. Absolutely no way he will come here. Try United or Bayern for his next destination.

Good manager ofcourse.

kelvinnewman

Aug 17, 2023
So to the people saying "why are people saying no?"

I think this post on Twitter sums up my views quite well, no matter his reputation, tactically I don't he's in-keeping with emerging Brighton way of playing.

I think he'd exacerbate the downsides of RDZ-Ball (getting continually caught on the counter, trouble breaking down low blocks) without the upsides of control of possesion, playing out from the back etc

A good name but a poor fit.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 08.56.05.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 08.56.05.png
    530.4 KB · Views: 36

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's just left Chelsea because he wants control more over transfers, we just got rid of a manager who wants more money and control over transfers.... this does not add up at all. Its a hard NO from me. Absolutely no way he will come here. Try United or Bayern for his next destination.

Good manager ofcourse.
This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wants more control over transfers - not convinced this will work out
That's so weird. The one thing you can guarantee at Chels is the owners will singe oodles of extremely talented young players.

It is surely not too much of a stretch to coach them into a decent side (which he was doing).

When I'm teaching a class of undergraduates, I don't moan to my head of department that 'I want those three out of the class because I don't think they are up to it, and I want you to get me these three students from the neuroscience class'. That would be completely wanky.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
That's so weird. The one thing you can guarantee at Chels is the owners will singe oodles of extremely talented young players.

It is surely not too much of a stretch to coach them into a decent side (which he was doing).

When I'm teaching a class of undergraduates, I don't moan to my head of department that 'I want those three out of the class because I don't think they are up to it, and I want you to get me these three students from the neuroscience class'. That would be completely wanky.
True, the expectation is to develop what we have, that’s the truer measure of success rather than buying your way in life.

I’d be careful however going to your HOD and saying “Fati” has been useless, a likely reprimand I’d say

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
To be fair, you might resort to that if you were stuck with them indefinitely rather than them just failing the exam at the end of the year and being kicked off the course anyway.

kelvinnewman

Aug 17, 2023

I think the control issues were more to do with selling than buying weren't they?

I.e. they wanted to flog Conor Gallagher and a few others for FFP reasons and he didn't like that

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair, you might resort to that if you were stuck with them indefinitely rather than them just failing the exam at the end of the year and being kicked off the course anyway.
I put all the tossers into one practical group some years ago (my class had 4 groups at the time). It was quite amusing because one of them was quite good but would rock up late, while the other three were absolute plums. One of the plums almost wrecked an experiment with his tomfoolery, so the bright lazy one went "you, outside" and they were gone for 30 minutes. On their return there was an attempt at dignity, but the plum had residual evidence of a whiff of having been dragged through a hedge backwards about him. They settled down quite nicely after that. And I felt quietly pleased with myself for my masterful strategy. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the control issues were more to do with selling than buying weren't they?

I.e. they wanted to flog Conor Gallagher and a few others for FFP reasons and he didn't like that
I have no idea mate. I'm just piggybacking on the trope. That would make more sense, but even so, he must surely see that needs must.

Personally if invited to sell Gallagher I'd jump at the chance. He has a sort of mid table eagerness about him, and always looks like he's about to end up on his arse.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Poch was unhappy at Chelsea because he wanted more say in their transfers. Having just got rid of a manager ourselves for exactly the same thing, it would be beyond bizarre if we even thinking about Poch.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
Poch was unhappy at Chelsea because he wanted more say in their transfers. Having just got rid of a manager ourselves for exactly the same thing, it would be beyond bizarre if we even thinking about Poch.
The difference is that Chelsea's transfer policy is "if Fab mentions a player, buy them", whereas Brighton's policy is analytical. Our track record in recent seasons is excelllent, and when we gave RDZ some players he wanted that didn't work so well. When considering Brighton, Poch might be less insistent on more control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports