Votes: 137 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 153 52.8%

• Total voters

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
It's not really the systems that matter here, it's more that the manager doesn't dictate the nature of the transfer business done.
It does, our system would be something like: “oh you’d like a new left back, here’s a shortlist of 5 incredibly talented young players who have all the attributes you desire, and have a look at this data and watch these videos and let us know who’s your number one pick” compared with Boehly’s “I heard Brighton were interested in this guy so I gazupmed them for £60m”

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
He’s done his time with the Southampton/Brightons why would he go back to that level. People are mental.
Sometimes you have to step back to go forward in adversity.
Love to know what Barco, Baleba, Enciso, Jack, Dunky etc would like to chose between McKenna and Poch?
I like to see Poch working with a club like ours. His problem is with big dressing rooms.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sometimes you have to step back to go forward in adversity.
Love to know what Barco, Baleba, Enciso, Jack, Dunky etc would like to chose between McKenna and Poch?
I like to see Poch working with a club like ours. His problem is with big dressing rooms.
He’s was beginning to turn Chelsea around and get everyone onside I don’t get your post tbh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's more ridiculous to suggest he might come!

Champions league final, PSG, Chelsea, Brighton.
You got the trajectory right.

He's got Everton and Forest written all over him.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's not really the systems that matter here, it's more that the manager doesn't dictate the nature of the transfer business done.
Agreed

IF he was offered the job and accepted on the clubs terms, he's a capable coach . . . . Look what he did at Stains . . . . And spuds.

It may also be noted he can deal with twats and NDP failures, he must have done at PSG.

my gut feeling is he's too big for his boots and wants a stupid amount of money . . . . More obviously, he'd fail the NDP test on interview. . . .

I really don't understand the money thing . . . Thery've all got more than they can ever spend without being total idiots . . . . Oh.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I liked it when we were in League 2. If we lost a manager then, several NSC posters used to put their CV forward to the club.

Do you think the Premier League is a step too far for that now...?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Clubs do things differently now we should have not budged either on Fati, Dahoud.
If I was offered the BHA job I would not ever, ever, ever ask the club to sign player X.

I would explain shortages in the squad, and allow the management to do what they see fit.

Then I would coach the f*** out of whatever this brilliant club were to place before me.

FFS.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I doubt his name was ever on “the list”, so if we did make an approach I’d be concerned that all this talk about succession planning could be so easily derailed.

But I think he did a great job organising the circus and working with a bunch of f***ing stupid ****s and fans.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I liked it when we were in League 2. If we lost a manager then, several NSC posters used to put their CV forward to the club.

Do you think the Premier League is a step too far for that now...?
I applied for the England job when Taylor was sacked.

Still waiting to hear.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If I was offered the BHA job I would not ever, ever, ever ask the club to sign player X.

I would explain shortages in the squad, and allow the management to do what they see fit.

Then I would coach the f*** out of whatever this brilliant club were to place before me.

FFS.
Indeed, if you do things right by TB you would have a job for a very long time. As long as the results kept coming obviously.
I don’t get this adrenaline rush for young coaches to work for mental owners of big clubs. Money yes although eventually playing the long game will give you the same wealth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports