• absolutely yes

Votes: 88 75.9%
  • absolutely no

Votes: 28 24.1%

• Total voters

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Apologies if this has been done,but i did a search and all i could find was how would you vote etc.

Its very simple......should there be a referendum

you can argue until your boobies fall off what actually goes in the referendum but answer at a basic level yes or no

A referendum for what?

We haven't had one to go into political union so we dont need one to leave. Any referendum should be about re-entry or remaining in as the automatic assumption should be is that we are leaving.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
In the UK long term trends are equally against UKIP and right wing Tories. Look at London - highly diverse, minority of white people, UKIP nowhere, Labour getting stronger. Where London leads will not others follow?

You are getting onto VERY dangerous ground if you start using race to gerrymander elections.

BTW This aging populice world moving to the left theory has been around decades and rigourously debunked. You need large numbers of young people to push left, ie baby boomers.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
No. Why have a general election to elect who you prefer based on a balanced bundle of policies and then hold a referendum on one of those policies alone? Why can't we have a referendum on keeping the NHS public or renationalising the railways or progressing the academy and free school program or serving sausages in the Houses of Parliament canteen? Parties should state clearly whether they will stay in or out of Europe and how that will effect their other policies based on the projected financial implications. Promising a referendum isn't brave, it's a cop out.

A general election is not a fair way to decide a single issue. Most adults in UK alive today have never had a yes/no say on EU membership. Membership of the EU is a bigger issue than those you have listed above (sausages in HoC etc).

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
No. Why have a general election to elect who you prefer based on a balanced bundle of policies and then hold a referendum on one of those policies alone? Why can't we have a referendum on keeping the NHS public or renationalising the railways or progressing the academy and free school program or serving sausages in the Houses of Parliament canteen? Parties should state clearly whether they will stay in or out of Europe and how that will effect their other policies based on the projected financial implications. Promising a referendum isn't brave, it's a cop out.
:thumbsup:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
A general election is not a fair way to decide a single issue. Most adults in UK alive today have never had a yes/no say on EU membership. Membership of the EU is a bigger issue than those you have listed above (sausages in HoC etc).
True most haven't had a referendum and those who did were joining a trading arrangement...it has all changed now into a more political animal,which people have not had a chance of a say in their destiny...stay in the EU, if it could be reformed,cut out the waste and corruption.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

This is my concern with the EU referendum. It is obvious from reading the threads on here that membership of the EU is a complex business with many facets and influences. It is also obvious that most of us don't really understand its complexities enough to form an opinion.

My fear is that any referendum would end up soley being about being about immigration.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is my concern with the EU referendum. It is obvious from reading the threads on here that membership of the EU is a complex business with many facets and influences. It is also obvious that most of us don't really understand its complexities enough to form an opinion.

My fear is that any referendum would end up soley being about being about immigration.

My fear is a vast majority of this country cannot be bothered or see no point in voting........what a bunch of wankers!(

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
no guilt in bouncing this.

given the results .....surely its time to have a choice with a tick in the box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here