Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the club try harder to attract gay fans?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
:ohmy:

Can't believe this thread. If Gays want to go to football then there's nothing stopping them. If they don't like the aggression or the game, and that's whats keeping them away, then maybe its not for them. I don't think gay people are wishing they could go to football but too scared incase someone says "poof" at some point. They are people just like us and you and me and so on. This thread is the sort of crap some tosser at local politics level would come out with. PC is out and hopefully never to return.

Last edited:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
You are quite right. Reading this thread, you would think 'gays' are a race of aliens or something. Folks, they might be sitting right next to you...

Good thing they haven't heard about transgendered people yet.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Vlad the Impala said:
You are quite right. Reading this thread, you would think 'gays' are a race of aliens or something. Folks, they might be sitting right next to you...

Good thing they haven't heard about transgendered people yet.

Oh no, what gave me away? Was the it mix of 'tache and high heels? I knew the handbag and high-leg combat boots was a mistake....

Who cares what our fans do, as long as they are fans. The whole point of "community football" is that it appeals to the community, not just to an organised, recognised group of individuals. If the gays, straights, blacks, irish and dogs want to come, then let them come - but don't target them specifically because it actually isolates them. Would you want to wear a "gay Brighton supporter" t-shirt to a match - and why would you want to, any more than I would wear a "white Brighton supporter" to a match.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
There are lots of women in C Block who look like Joe Bugner. Is that nay good Richie?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Downloaded Penguin said:
Most gays and students aren't from Brighton, are here temporarily and won't have an afinity for the football club.

In any case football is seen as too masculine and rough

But football's getting gayer by the season. Look at Beckham. Even chief scouse scally Stevie Gerrard carries a LUIS VUITTON MANBAG around with him. Look at Harding's Mullet. That was well gay. Look at most footballers haircuts...gay gay gay! Look at footballer's when they try to fight...they fight like girls (so therefore like gays).

In short football is already gay. I therefore surmise that not only we, but every team in the country has a huge gay following. Maybe we should try and attract more straight fans?

:)

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Palarse have more than their fair share of gay fans apparently - must be that heady mix of over-rated bald strikers who sign long contracts that they have no intention of honouring, and the massive willingness to bend over and get trunked by the best team on the South Coast.

Palarse - the Big Brother Craig of the Football League.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If they all supported the Albion, surely they'd be at Pride Park & not Pride on Saturday?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Richie Morris said:
I think the club need to attract all the fans they can once we get the go ahead for Falmer because they will have missed out on a good few generations of regular fans.

This means targeting everyone in the community including children, homosexuals and students.

Agreed we are not in a position to want to try and attract a specific "type" of fan but once Falmer is built all fans whatever colour creed age etc.

Until homophobia is treated the same as racism in football I think the club will want to avoid a campaign to attract gay fans as we get enough flack from away fans as it is.

Last night at Hastings there were two (about) 15 years olds who for the first twenty minutes (until Jakey scored) kept on about the players being poofs etc etc etc. In the end I said to them if they didn't shut up I'd get a steward to chuck them out, not that I really had much confidence that a steward would do so, but they were quite after that and disappeared at half time.

Oct 25, 2003
when the other team chant "does your boyfriend know you're here?"

they can go "yeah, he does actually, he's sitting right next to me:) "

magical

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I agree with Gazwag, that to fill Falmer we should try and attract all fans whatever colour creed age etc

... but obviously not students :salute:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think it would be a good idea. If there were more of them watching football instead of at pride perhaps they wouldn't have to shut the city centre down.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
WATFORD zero said:
I agree with Gazwag, that to fill Falmer we should try and attract all fans whatever colour creed age etc

A half decent team winning games will fill Falmer-we won't need to worry about attracting more fans...

beadman

Aug 27, 2003
Seven Dials
Well we appear to have come full circle. We started off on the subject of attracting gay fans & ended up chastising the Palace for their usual idiocy.

IMHO those gay fans & footballers in our midst will always choose to travel incognito for obvious reasons. That said a stand at Pride or an ad or editorial in the local gay press would show the club's feelings on the issue.

I am aware of any of this post being taken out of context by some bonehead with an eye for obvious & appalling puns. It is for this reason that any gay fans will keep very quiet about their sexual proclivities.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
tommy boy said:
when the other team chant "does your boyfriend know you're here?"

they can go "yeah, he does actually, he's sitting right next to me:) "

magical

as long as theyre not on each others laps in a special 2 for the price of one deal . . . .its a family show remember

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here