Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Sven have picked Shaun Wright-Phillips?

Should SWP be going to the World Cup?

• Yes - SWP should be there

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • No - SWP should NOT go

Votes: 64 59.8%

• Total voters

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Simple: yes or no, no fence.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:bounce:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Going on performance this season. No.

I doubt he's even match fit!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No.

And I think the issue will send out some clear messages to players in the position Wright-Phillips was in last summer. If he had stayed at City, I have no doubt he'd be going to the World Cup.

Go to Chelsea, you may be risking your international career. Do the business with a second-tier club like City or Spurs - in Lennon's case - and you will be better placed.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Tooting Gull said:
No.

And I think the issue will send out some clear messages to players in the position Wright-Phillips was in last summer. If he had stayed at City, I have no doubt he'd be going to the World Cup.

Go to Chelsea, you may be risking your international career. Do the business with a second-tier club like City or Spurs - in Lennon's case - and you will be better placed.

You'll also become a better player. So a bit later in life if you want to joint the likes of Chelsea you may be a first team regular.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
When someone votes, it should bounce :bounce:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Personally no, don't think he has done anywhere near enough this season to warrant a place in the squad, would be different if he was a key figure in the team, but he's not. He has nobody to blame except himself and his dad, he really should of stayed at City

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The lack of first team oppurtunities have cost him his place and won't be suprised if Wright senior is advising him to put in a transfer request ASAP!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Seasider78 said:
The lack of first team oppurtunities have cost him his place and won't be suprised if Wright senior is advising him to put in a transfer request ASAP!

Agree with that, he was the next big thing before he moved to chelsea. Should have gone to arsenal imo, would have got more opportunities and would certainly be in the squad if he had played regularly in the prem this year.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Agree with that Arsenal could sign a lot worse than SWP to play on the wing would suit their style of fast attacking football. Similar situation to Scott Parker just goes to show sometimes better to think with your head rather than your wallet!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If he had stayed at City he would probably have played in the majority of their games this season and barring injury been a certainty for the World Cup, he didn't, didn't and won't.

Sir Royston thorne

Jun 27, 2004
The moment he took the Russian rouble he was condemmed to a career in the stiffs or the Carling cup. If he had stayed at City he would be an England regular, well small, NOT supersized !

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yes. If Owen, Rooney, Campbell, A.Cole and Walcott deserve a spot then so does he.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here