Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should relegated teams cancel their end of season awards?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
IMO, no.

It fosters this obnoxious culture of 2nd =1st loser, only winning matters, players chucking away runners up medals, reimbursing fans after a heavy defeat etc.

Typically those relegated have the smallest budgets too.

And these days it’s about a lot more than just the players. Host of others behind the scenes who have given their all perhaps, and should be recognised despite relegation.

Your considered opinions NSC? Let the arguing commence…

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
IMO, no.

It fosters this obnoxious culture of 2nd =1st loser, only winning matters, players chucking away runners up medals, reimbursing fans after a heavy defeat etc.

Typically those relegated have the smallest budgets too.

And these days it’s about a lot more than just the players. Host of others behind the scenes who have given their all perhaps, and should be recognised despite relegation.

Your considered opinions NSC? Let the arguing commence…
No.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Probably not.

But wouldn’t there be some awkwardness/aggression once the alcohol flows from some of the 500 guests, at certain clubs? Wolves that time with Jaime O’Hara, Stains and Leicester this season, with “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” anger, the recent death threats to Bamford.

I wonder if the security’s increased when it’s a relegation season?

If Everton drop, it’d be carnage, they hate the Board and certain players.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Probably not.

But wouldn’t there be some awkwardness/aggression once the alcohol flows from some of the 500 guests, at certain clubs? Wolves that time with Jaime O’Hara, Stains and Leicester this season, with “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” anger, the recent death threats to Bamford.

I wonder if the security’s increased when it’s a relegation season?

Isn’t that bowing to the mob though? Thin edge of the wedge?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw some photos on social media of a security rehearsal at Goodison in the event they get relegated. Apparently the club have hired a third party security company for this task as well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh, my mistake. I thought fans went to them. What’s the point of them then ?
I think they generally want sponsors and prospective sponsors. They sell tickets for a whole table (of 10) and if there are any left over from that sales effort they will sell them individually, but you'll be paying over £200+VAT a seat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here