Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Prince Charles be speaking out about the Rwanda deportations?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Asylum seekers and refugees are not illegal immigrants. The only immigrants that are illegal is those who overstay their visas.

Well said. These idiots just spew out what they read in the Daily Mail.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
doh !!!!
once they cross a country where they can require immigration status ie turkey , greece , italy , france they are illegal . Fact get it into your thick mind .

Go to bed, Nazi troll.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Go to bed, Nazi troll.

Same nsc as before , thought it had changed . Answer the question , i repeat , once they cross a country where they can claim asylum at the first country they cross then any further country they cross then that is illegal , christ it is not that hard .
No way am i a nazi , i lost relatives to them . Just get yourself into realism . England is over subscribed . Austerity ? I guess you were the same person who was against it , meaning about shortage of schools , shortage of the nhs and you just blame it on the Tories . Think about it it for once .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
... and you just blame it on the Tories . Think about it it for once .

I think most sensible people think about it more than once a day.

Immigration, infrastructure, schools, NHS are the result of the policies of the Government in power.

The Conservatives have been in power for 12 years.

Always someone else's fault isn't it ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Icy Gull might not have signed up to a life time of paying Charles a shitload of money just because Charles happened to be born in a specific family. Maybe he is even less eager to pay for someone born into being a political influencer through his heritage.

Prince Charles doesn't get a penny of taxpayers money. He funds himself, and other members of the Royal family, from the Dutchy of Cornwall. Obviously once he becomes King he will get money from the Crown Estate - previously known as the Civil List.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Same nsc as before , thought it had changed . Answer the question , i repeat , once they cross a country where they can claim asylum at the first country they cross then any further country they cross then that is illegal , christ it is not that hard .
No way am i a nazi , i lost relatives to them . Just get yourself into realism . England is over subscribed . Austerity ? I guess you were the same person who was against it , meaning about shortage of schools , shortage of the nhs and you just blame it on the Tories . Think about it it for once .

Not actually true. It isn't illegal to seek asylum in a country even if you went through another 'safe' country. If that were the case France, Italy and Greece would be overwhelmed. It's expected you should apply for asylum in the first 'safe' country you arrive in but not a legal requirement.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should Prince Charles be speaking out about the Rwanda deportations?

EVERYBODY should be speaking out about the Rwanda deportations

NB. He didn’t actually “speak out”.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your having a laugh aren’t you ? Have a look at the person per square mile compared to the rest of europe .
we would not need so many doctors if we didn’t have so many people

Until yesterday hadn’t posted since 2016.
So which one are you?
Ppf or Baker Lite?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wrong, I started the thread because our current Monarch would never have been as dumb as Charles has been, and in truth I think he will be a liability as King.

I am 100% against sending refugees to Rwanda but then I am just a citizen not the future King.

Aren’t there a range of possibilities here.

At one extreme, Charles has deliberately engineered a “leak” to the press to comment on something he has strong feelings about, which would be understandable but very wrong.
At the other, someone has made a few quid out of revealing the details of a conversation to the press and even as we speak - or write - there’s a frantic hunt going on to find out how it happened.

Either way, I would have reservations about Charles. I abhor the Rwanda thing, but it was revealed a while ago about his letters to ministers about things he was seeking to influence, mainly about building plans and reflecting his ante-diluvian views on architecture, which are a matter of his own personal taste.

Mind you, I seem to remember that the Sun revealed pre Referendum that the Queen supported Brexit, which I didn’t believe for a minute, which also raises the possibility that someone made it up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mail on Sunday and the Sunday Express both very upset that Prince Charles is " meddling in politics " regarding forced transportation to Rwanda...after all its newspapers like them that are supposed to decide what the government should do....silly Prince Charles.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Charles is going to Rwanda in two weeks time to address the Commonwealth countries. Who said it was friend? It may have been his security. After all, it turns out the murdering rapist of Sarah Everard was in the Royal security squad.

My point remains, in any significant position you need to be careful who you trust and where, when and what you say.

Sorry Thunder not going to agree with you on this.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Asylum seekers and refugees are not illegal immigrants. The only immigrants that are illegal is those who overstay their visas.

My apologies.

Compulsory transportation of anyone to Rwanda is abhorrent. We don't know whether they are illegal immigrants, asylum seekers or refugees, because they won't have been assessed until they get there. That is the whole point of the government's policy - to outsource the whole operation to Rwanda. My point was that as Prince Charles is going to Kigali in a couple of weeks on an official, planned visit (during which everything will no doubt look just fine), it would be worth him returning unannounced, a few months later, to see how it's really going.

On a separate note, do you see what happens if we stray away from the main point and dispute labels we put on people? The thread attracts all sorts of oddballs and gets derailed.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Until yesterday hadn’t posted since 2016.
So which one are you?
Ppf or Baker Lite?

If one of them had changed their username, they would still be on my ignore list, but I can see this one.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
This country isn’t full up. 26% of our doctors were born abroad, so we need immigrants.
How do you know so much about the current state here when you’re in the Czech Republic? Did you read it in the papers?

In London this is about correct, but then London is a city with a White British minority, so you could argue foreign born NHS workers treating foreign born and the descendants of foreign born Londoners means they are merely “washing their face”. Outside London the rate is far lower.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7783/

Of course the fact that a relatively rich country like the U.K. will source many of its doctors from far poorer countries in Asia and Africa is morally contemptible, and evidence the old fashioned imperialist attitudes are still at large in the U.K. Tut tut.

Overall, the percentage of foreign born NHS workers is broadly consistent with the percentage of foreign born prisoners, which is neat isn’t it………

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN04334/SN04334.pdf

I’m not sure the rates are so consistent with murderous terrorists, but happy to proved wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here