Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Deleted

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
True but he did make a midget club like B'muff PL contenders for 5 years, with 9th, 12th and 14th place finishes and fairly attractive football. We're a bigger club with a brighter future (so we're told), so I wouldn't mind Eddie working some of that here if Potter were to go!

They were promoted on the back of cheating FFP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It depends. I'd like to see him gone as he's taking us down, but only If the club have a decent option of course. If they decide to stick then they need to back him in the transfer window in the hope a clinical striker will inspire the rest of the team. God knows who'd want to come here though.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
True but he did make a midget club like B'muff PL contenders for 5 years, with 9th, 12th and 14th place finishes and fairly attractive football. We're a bigger club with a brighter future (so we're told), so I wouldn't mind Eddie working some of that here if Potter were to go!

They also had horrendous luck with injuries last 2 seasons.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
A serious post needs a serious response - 2 things - first, he's made us hard to beat which matters. Second, he's still learning and as I'll give a young player time, I'll give an inexperienced manager time. He's not obviously out of his depth.

I want more than just staying up a la Big Sam or Roy, I want a longer term plan with hope to develop and get better. Tony wants the same, if Potter is changed its because TB and Ashworth think he's not going to deliver longer term. But for now I'm with Potter.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Amazing load of old drivel on this thread.

We (2.90) had a higher expected goals than Liverpool (2.87) in their 7-0 thrashing of Palace

We are only behind Liverpool, Man City, Leeds, Villa, Chelsea, and Man Utd in the expected goals per game so far this season.

#potterin
That 'expected goals' böllocks is just that-böllocks. Just another pointless addition to the game for what purpose? Personally I'd rather have 'real goals' that give us 'real' wins.

As it stands, our 'expected goals' böllocks has given us how many home wins in 2020? Or goals? All it does is highlight how sh1te our strikers are.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
As long as I've been supporting the Albion I can't recollect any time that the supporters appointed a manager? :shrug:

Have supporters ever fired a manager either? But that doesn't stop us talking about that!

As far as I can tell, the current "Potter out" trend is motivated by frustration rather than problem solving.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
A serious post needs a serious response - 2 things - first, he's made us hard to beat which matters. Second, he's still learning and as I'll give a young player time, I'll give an inexperienced manager time. He's not obviously out of his depth.

I want more than just staying up a la Big Sam or Roy, I want a longer term plan with hope to develop and get better. Tony wants the same, if Potter is changed its because TB and Ashworth think he's not going to deliver longer term. But for now I'm with Potter.

That is a very well reasoned argument which has put me firmly back on the FENCE :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Depends what you want to be as a football club. The potential under Potter is higher than it would be under most alternatives, I have no doubts a new manager in the Allardyce ilk would come in and there'd be a short bounce in results as you trudge to a 14th place finish. As it is, Brighton are clearly the better side in most games they play (I'm sure the metrics would back that up), but have real confidence issues in front of goal. I don't think you'll get relegated, but you'll definitely be frustrated because of the consistent dropping of the ball in games like today which you should've clearly won.

Of course, some of that is on the manager, I don't think he has the charisma of a manager like Klopp, Mourinho or Pep, which perhaps rubs off on the team. I imagine he's very nicey nicey in the dressing room. I also think the set pieces need to improve, of course he has weaknesses as a manager, but if he was the complete package, he probably wouldn't be at Brighton for too long!

Well-thought-out and sensible post. Although I am not so sure that we won't go down.

The question is though, can we afford to get relegated while trying to find the magical/mythical attacking form.

I am keen for Potter to have some more time as I think that the results could be simply stunning for us. Question is can we, the fans and the powers that be at the club hold their nerve? I am not sure I can.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No we shouldn't be at the stage of calling for his head. He's made some bad mistakes but is also being let down by some of his players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Howe ? or the other usual suspects ? Yet we always seem to overlook that young british premier league manager who last season took his club to their best top flight finish in 40 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports