Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should piss-taking opposing supporters be banned from the Big Board

Should piss-taking opposing fans be kicked off the Big Board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think that "reap what we sow" springs to mind... We have supporters that troll on other sites giving it the bigun, therefore we have to take it back to a degree!

Abuse of any sort should not be tolerated in any form IMO...

Maybe a 3 strikes and you're out of here type rule would be the way to go?

Many decent fans of other clubs come on here and their opinions and advice should be most welcome!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd only introduce a NSC Helpline for anyone disturbed or upset by the comments made on any thread that day. We'd get 8 free phonecalls a season, a maximum of 10 minutes per session, and each time we rang there'd be a Mod at the other end offering psychological advice: "Hi, it's Hitony here. I'm listening." It could only be about a squabble experienced or a sudden guilt felt for how one spoke in retaliation or a foul-mouthedness that burnt the eyes from the board - the Mods aren't trained to deal with personal problems and won't repair a collapsing marriage or bring a recently-deceased pet back to life.

I thought the point of not very clever people wittering on and rattling their sabres was precisely what NSC was about. We all probably want things slightly different, but not identically so, so the search for agreement is futile. I don't get wound up by rival fans too much. They're nobs, but so are many of we.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'd only introduce a NSC Helpline for anyone disturbed or upset by the comments made on any thread that day. We'd get 8 free phonecalls a season, a maximum of 10 minutes per session, and each time we rang there'd be a Mod at the other end offering psychological advice: "Hi, it's Hitony here. I'm listening." It could only be about a squabble experienced or a sudden guilt felt for how one spoke in retaliation or a foul-mouthedness that burnt the eyes from the board - the Mods aren't trained to deal with personal problems and won't repair a collapsing marriage or bring a recently-deceased pet back to life.

I thought the point of not very clever people wittering on and rattling their sabres was precisely what NSC was about. We all probably want things slightly different, but not identically so, so the search for agreement is futile. I don't get wound up by rival fans too much. They're nobs, but so are many of we.

I have to disagree with you on this, having been through 6 marriages and fathering 18 children, I am probably more equipped than most to give good marriage advice, I can also confirm I have pumped many a good woman and bought them back to life, so first aid is defiantly one of my specialities.

In fact I might just start a section on NSC "Ask Hitony" offering (free) sound advice on all things to do with life, what do you think?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have to disagree with you on this, having been through 6 marriages and fathering 18 children, I am probably more equipped than most to give good marriage advice, I can also confirm I have pumped many a good woman and bought them back to life, so first aid is defiantly one of my specialities.

In fact I might just start a section on NSC "Ask Hitony" offering (free) sound advice on all things to do with life, what do you think?

It has the sounds of a Waco in the making.
:)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
In all fairness, recently the debates amongst other fans (ok mainly Palace) has been far more sensible, they can obviously see whats going on, and as stated before, we do have many opposition supporters who come on here and give good debate, advice about their grounds / facilitys etc etc, yes the idiots come and go, but that will never stop.

So lets assume there is an away section, do you really think the idiots are going to register as PALACEFAN123? I think not.

Keep NSC as it is, it is without doubt the best message board around and will remain that way, it aint broke!!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm a bit confused about the Palace Up to Third Thread though - some stuff in there went to the "other" board and now has come back and its been renamed twice?? Whats going on there?? I thought moving it to the O/T forum was good?

If one was too ban opposing supporters from NSC for simply "taking the piss " as you put it, this would reflect badly on NSC. There would be a case against those posting lies, vicious racist or homophobic comments, but not those who wish to engage in harmless tittle-tattle.

Shoe-e

Oct 23, 2011
Away supporters section is a good idea - some stuff can be entertaining when you're in the mood. Who's never had a laugh at some chants directed at us?
""""" We're the west stand, the west stand....."""

Shoe-e

Oct 23, 2011
....because if there are no opponents at a match, we'd just be playing with ourselves.!!!!

Just remember the support from around the country when this club nearly went under. Football is a big family, and in every family wedding (for instance) there are genetic embarrassments - but they're there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't understand the poll :dunce:

I don't mind them coming here taking the piss, all good fun. I'd rather kick them off when they keep making up false facts though.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Over the years i have been posting on NSC many away fans have added many good posts to this board ,since the 3-1 win some of the posts from my fellow fans have even made cringe,the away end on the palace bbs works well allowing banter between the fans of many clubs leaving the main board for the day to day palace related threads which most away fans have no intrest in.

Please remember this is one of the best football boards on the web think hard befor you change it? change is not always for the better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here