Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should piss-taking opposing supporters be banned from the Big Board

Should piss-taking opposing fans be kicked off the Big Board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Any Brighton fan behaving like a berk will be dealt with accordingly, but one thing they won't generally do is come onto here purely to refer to Brighton fans in an abusive / homophobic / generally insulting manner.

Report it and we will act.

We have LOADS of abusive and insulting manner from Brighton fans.

Someone once told Andy Whing to 'f*** off and die............slowly' for example. The abuse handed out to DK/Micky Adams/ Dean Wilkins/ Casper/ Ashley Barnes is very offensive and very personal from some posters.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I don't really see the point of an Away End. Allowing someone to post on a bit of the site that nobody visits seems unnecessary and tantamount to a ban anyway.

Why not:
1. Away fan joins - free to post
2. Start to take the piss - warning (unless clearly banter - Mod's decision)
3. Continue to take the piss/unacceptable postings (from anyone, following warning) - ban

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
İbrahim Tatlıses;4460769 said:
No need for an away end.

Would much rather read fishing attempts from opposing fans rather than the current trend of fishing attempts from our own.

Afterall the former is basically just banter, the latter is just tw@ts making a mockery of the club.
I don't like to say this, but THIS. At the mo the biggest problem is some of the crap from our own so-called fans with joke accounts (southern sid?). deal with that first

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
We should be allowed to vote which pets we would like to keep. If they're the runt of the litter there may be some who will feel sorry for them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't like to say this, but THIS. At the mo the biggest problem is some of the crap from our own so-called fans with joke accounts (southern sid?). deal with that first

We do try to do so. There is a fine line between moderating and censorship. Too much of the latter and you end up with a forum with one person posting and agreeing with himself all the time (not that I can think of one..................

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I think we should keep NSC as it is, it would seem a little like sour grapes to kick off away fans for taking the piss the day after palace went ahead of us in the league.The best way to deal with shite posts from away fans is not to post on them imho.

Last edited by a moderator:

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I think we should keep NSC as it is, it would seem a little like sour grapes to kick off away fans for taking the piss the day after palace went ahead of us in the league.The best way to deal with shite posts from away fans is not to post on them imho.

NSC :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
We do try to do so. There is a fine line between moderating and censorship. Too much of the latter and you end up with a forum with one person posting and agreeing with himself all the time (not that I can think of one..................

In my opinion that fine line does depend on the person who is reading what the issue is about, Mod or member alike, I still maintain that the main reason NSC is so successful is mainly because of the way we deal with issues, we have no really hard and fast rules (apart from homophobic and racist issues and one or two other bits I'm sure!) but because of the easy way NSC is run, it creates massive humour, massive debate and our mutual love for a certain club, and in all fairness we help and support other clubs, quite rightly so!!

What i have put above is in total agreement with the comment I have highlighted in your post, general moderation works, NSC proves that, I don't doubt a few get fed up with things but like any form of entertainment, it will never satisfy everyone, (that said I am just an idiot an an Arse!!)

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Im voting no, Unless they post utter rubbish like the "CAN YOU KEEP UP" joker. waste of time and effort

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It's the idiot brighton fans that are pissing me off more than away fans!. The ones that post wind up thread after wind up thread being delibrately negative.

I would prefer away fans to be given a trial on the Big Board then if they turn out to be eejits, then limit them to an Away only board. Would be a shame to lose a lot of the quality away fans we have on here from Plymouth, Southampton, Charlton and even Palace by not allowing them to post on the Big Board

Agree with both of these statements.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I vote no. I've always felt that if people don't like a thread it will sink to the bottom of the board.

Also it's impossible to decide what is a complete piss take as opposed to a bit of banter. It is a very thin line.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Leave it alone - otherwise we will end up with hundreds of tiny sub-forums for particular topics, and this would destroy the overall entity that is NSC. I don't even like the split in the Big Board between the normal stuff and the pervs (although I understand why this had to be done because of google puritanism)

Opposing supporters need to be educated out of their heresies and confusions, and shown the path of righteousness. Otherwise how can they ever learn THE TRUTH?

PS. why are the results hidden - surely no-one would dream of fixing a poll? ???

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
why are the results hidden - surely no-one would dream of fixing a poll? ???

I hide the results as I think some people are influenced by the score, in running, and may vote tactically.

Rest assured when the poll closes, the score will automatically reveal itself along with the name of each and every voter. Fixed it won't be.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You are in the position to hide the results...but then I don't see the point of doing it as you don't see the running order till you have already posted. That aside we give out a lot of shite to other clubs...take it when they give it back...even if it is a boring 40 year old gay chant...it's only boring,boring. Banter has been going for the 50+ years I've been watching the Albion. Having said that I'm still not allowed to post on the Palace board,even with name,password and have'nt posted anything on there before....maybe a computer glich... but Hey Ho....I will not lose any brandies over it!!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Hmmm there also alot of comments on here that Im sure if people wanted to could easily take further than an admin of a forum like publicly naming and accusing members of being members of a far right organization.

seagulls

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A no from me. For all it's faults NSC works fine, if anyone is out of order they should be liable to a ban anyway, I cannot see the point of banishment to an 'Away End'.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I like the proposal , but the "away end " idea is abit shit and very Mickey Mouse - just the warnings then bans would suffice.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not all away fans should be banned. Only the attention seeking idiots

Along with our attention seeking idiots.

Seems like a good opportunity to banish the dross, regardless of whether they are Albion or away fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here