Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should piss-taking opposing supporters be banned from the Big Board

Should piss-taking opposing fans be kicked off the Big Board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Because if there is an 'away end' I consider it only fair to say to someone...

"Unlike many football messageboards, NSC warmly welcomes opposing fans and we accept that banter is all part of the sport we all love. However if you continue to post "We did you 3-1 you great big bunch of gayers" every 10 seconds then you will have your posting rights restricted such that you are only able to post in our 'Away End' which is a quiet backwater viewed by very few."

...essentially giving them a choice as to whether they wish to remain on the Big Board.

If that was the case then fine, but people such as Sir Nigel, CroydonBloke, Holmesdale Boy and a few others do post sense. REPEATED comments, especially involving casual homophobia are different from pisstaking 'a bit', which was what the proposal involved. We already have Childish Ramblings (or it's successor) to which such shite can be moved, why can't we just carry on with that?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I really don't understand the mentality that can't just 'walk away'... if you behave like that in real life, you must spend the whole time in fights and arguments.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have no idea as I don't go on BBS. But for every Palace illiterate idiot who comes on NSC we have a dozen of our own. You only had to look at the board last night milliseconds after Millwall equalised to realise that.

Banning people or even treating them different because of who they support is a retrogade step. They should be judged on their posts, not their postcodes.

That was difficult as I was at the game!

Overall I do agree, HOWEVER I think Bozza has come up with an excellent compromise as the GOONERY has increased.

Personally I would just lock any wind up thread title, or delete/move it ASAP.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Banning people or even treating them different because of who they support is a retrogade step. They should be judged on their posts, not their postcodes.

I think you know I'm not suggesting or advocating that. Extremely anti-social behaviour on the site should be punished regardless of who posts it and who they support.

However, there is a particular variant of anti-social behaviour that is typical of an opposing team troll and it is those sort of actions that we are discussing and looking to address, or leave as is.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If that was the case then fine, but people such as Sir Nigel, CroydonBloke, Holmesdale Boy and a few others do post sense. REPEATED comments, especially involving casual homophobia are different from pisstaking 'a bit', which was what the proposal involved. We already have Childish Ramblings (or it's successor) to which such shite can be moved, why can't we just carry on with that?

But those posters generally dont start SHITHOUSE wind up threads/thread titles which is MY beef.

The answer is in that case move the thread ASAP.

Bozza new suggestion would of course work for the decent opp fan posters.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I do think we were all perhaps a bit overconfident before the Palace match, and now a lot of people are acting like very sore losers. It was the same prior to the Stains match at Withdean last season, and there is a lot of egg on face as a result.

I still maintain that get it right on the pitch and there is no scope to take the piss for opposing fans.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

At no point have I even suggested any change in how we treat the decent opposing fans, several of which you have listed, who certainly do enrich NSC.

The problem with a post/thread move/deletion is that it does nothing to stop repeat occurrences.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
NSC is THE most popular site via Tapatalk out of 177 others Inc ManCity, Celtic, Man U etc... Ban a few more individuals as reqd, but it ain't broke DON'T....[/QUOTE]

this....thIS.....and THIS!!
And my vote goes for KEEPING opposition supporters on the board, it creates good banter / debate in the main, and there are many GOOD opposition supporters who frequent this board.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There were loads of SHITHOUSE threads last night started by our lot.

Yes no doubt the usual gus out, harley is a **** etc etc but started by our fans on our message board and thse soon die out unless its one by The Complete Badger!!

I am talking about deliberate wind up threads started by opposition supporters.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
this....thIS.....and THIS!!
And my vote goes for KEEPING opposition supporters on the board, it creates good banter / debate in the main, and there are many GOOD opposition supporters who frequent this board.

It's not to get rid of them, just "usher" the more retarded of them onto their own seperate section where people can continue to debate with them if they please

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The problem with a post/thread move/deletion is that it does nothing to stop repeat occurrences.

But surely nothing will do that apart from a ban, and then they can reregister under a different name.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leave things as they are and let the mods do what is expected of them. Why should we want to change NSC into a wankier version of CPFC BBS ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, keep it as it is. To be honest the biggest and most irritating tossers on here are Brighton fans, not the away ones. We've got Childish Ramblings for the piss-take threads, maybe the annoying posters (Brighton as well) could be confined there? Remove their posting priviliges from the main board? It will become the de facto away end that some people want and also take away some of the bigger Brighton wankers.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am talking about deliberate wind up threads started by opposition supporters.

1: I'm not sure how easy it would be to define 'wind up' from a discussion thread. If it is complete shite we do shift to 'the other stuff' anyway.

2: Why the beef with opposition supporters as opposed to wind up threads from some of our own, what gives them a right to do so above someone from another club.

3: If it is a complete wind up just ignore it. We do at times lock threads or combine them, but after Palace I was driving 250 miles home, and frankly the LAST place I wanted to come to for 48 hours afterwards was NSC.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It's not to get rid of them, just "usher" the more retarded of them onto their own seperate section where people can continue to debate with them if they please

We can and do get rid of the more undesirable ones (I do think undesirable is a far nicer word) we always have done always will, and any undesirable ones don't deserve to be on any section / part of NSC in my opinion.

But some on here think that a bit of banter is unacceptable, especially when we lose (aka Palace)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I do think we were all perhaps a bit overconfident before the Palace match, and now a lot of people are acting like very sore losers. It was the same prior to the Stains match at Withdean last season, and there is a lot of egg on face as a result.

I still maintain that get it right on the pitch and there is no scope to take the piss for opposing fans.

Picture the scene in the dressing room before the West Ham match:

Gus: 'Lads, we really need to win this one for NSC'

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

That has sod all to do with anything.

Going on to another forum to gloat / be a berk / put the middle finger up has nothing to do with Bozza or NSC. Their mods will deal with those numpties how they see fit. This is about NSC, and how this forum is run.

Any Brighton fan behaving like a berk will be dealt with accordingly, but one thing they won't generally do is come onto here purely to refer to Brighton fans in an abusive / homophobic / generally insulting manner.

Anyhoo, that's by-the-by. Back to the discussion.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Picture the scene in the dressing room before the West Ham match:

Gus: 'Lads, we really need to win this one for NSC'

Now that is a motivational team talk :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here