Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should piss-taking opposing supporters be banned from the Big Board

Should piss-taking opposing fans be kicked off the Big Board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps if the Albion started doing the business on the pitch there would be far less scope for people to take the piss.

After 18 months of heading upwards on the Gus Bus, now we have hit a poor patch of form people are grumpy and looking for scapegoats. Palace fans did not ruin my day when we lost 3-1, it was the clowns wearing blue and white stripes at the Amex and their inability to pass a ball or make a tackle.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would prefer away fans to be given a trial on the Big Board then if they turn out to be eejits, then limit them to an Away only board. Would be a shame to lose a lot of the quality away fans we have on here from Plymouth, Southampton, Charlton and even Palace by not allowing them to post on the Big Board

That's exactly how it would work. All are welcome until they illustrate they should not be.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] How would you moderate this should it change, would it be a case of moving a thread individually into a 'away fans' section if it were created in the Big Board? Surely this would be tiresome?

The going-too-far opposing fan would have their rights changed such that they can only post in the 'Away End' and not post in any other sub-forum.

Any posts/threads they are responsible for would likely remain as a fleeting illustration of what not to do.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Don't stop at opposing fans, there's plenty of our own fans that should be banned to stop this board from turning into a complete binfest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let's be clear, I'm not proposing banning opposing fans.

What happens now

Opposing fan joins NSC - free to post anywhere
Opposing fan pisstakes a bit - free to post anywhere
Opposing fans pisstakes a lot - gets a warning
Opposing fan goes too far - banned

Proposal

Opposing fan pisstakes a bit - gets a warning
Opposing fans pisstakes a lot - moved to 'away end'

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I don't know about other people, but I basically view The Big Board... and only very rarely go anywhere else on NSC.

What's the point of an Away End? Unless I changed the way I view NSC (and I'm not sure to what??) I wouldn't even see it most of the time.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
No. If people keep biting they're going to keep fishing. Ignore the threads and move on.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

What happens now

Proposal

That's a good idea

seagulls

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Why should anyone get a warning for taking the piss a bit, surely inter team banter is part of what makes English football so enjoyable.

And rememeber, what goes round tends to come round eventually, so we can dish it out in due course. The Palace BBS is SHITE in comparison to NSC in terms of the richness of its posts, posters and humour.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
NSC has long been far more liberal in the acceptance of opposing fans.

If you're big enough to give it out, you need to be big enough to take it.

Many opposing fans who make it to NSC offer well considered input to many of the discussions here. There are some, however, who do not and just seek to take the piss again and again and again.

Should this latter group be kicked off NSC's Big Board and only allowed to post in a new 'Away End'. The Away End would be accessible to all regular members meaning each NSCer could decide whether to ignore the sub-forum completely, have a read every now and again or engage with the away fans who post there.

What happens now

Proposal

This poll will be open for a week. Votes from opposing fans will be discounted.

Nope, dont ban em unless they got abusive or homophobic, then invite them for a kicking.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

What happens now

Proposal

This

Make it so.

*waves hand*

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Why should anyone get a warning for taking the piss a bit, surely inter team banter is part of what makes English football so enjoyable.

And rememeber, what goes round tends to come round eventually, so we can dish it out in due course. The Palace BBS is SHITE in comparison to NSC in terms of the richness of its posts, posters and humour.

And NSC certainly dished out a lot at the back end of last season and in the early part of this... I think we should be big enough to take it when we deserve it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And NSC certainly dished out a lot at the back end of last season and in the early part of this... I think we should be big enough to take it when we deserve it.

Did we dish it out on BBS (for example) or did we dish it out on a Brighton message board, primarily for and used by Brighton fans?

Genuine question.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Because if there is an 'away end' I consider it only fair to say to someone...

"Unlike many football messageboards, NSC warmly welcomes opposing fans and we accept that banter is all part of the sport we all love. However if you continue to post "We did you 3-1 you great big bunch of gayers" every 10 seconds then you will have your posting rights restricted such that you are only able to post in our 'Away End' which is a quiet backwater viewed by very few."

...essentially giving them a choice as to whether they wish to remain on the Big Board.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did we dish it out on BBS (for example) or did we dish it out on a Brighton message board, primarily for and used by Brighton fans?

Genuine question.

I have no idea as I don't go on BBS. But for every Palace illiterate idiot who comes on NSC we have a dozen of our own. You only had to look at the board last night milliseconds after Millwall equalised to realise that.

Banning people or even treating them different because of who they support is a retrogade step. They should be judged on their posts, not their postcodes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have never felt the need to post wind ups/abuse on other fans forums so why should I have to wade through that here ?.. vote yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here