Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

should northstandchat have a like button?

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
I love reading many many posts ,tho im a bit lazy or know too little to put my 2 pence woth in.

its also easier for me to tick a like box on my phone,just a suggestion

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
when the FB like button first appeared I thought it was a pointlessly lazy thing. But, it was great.

I see it as the online equivalent of an appreciative nod, a chuckle, a wry smile. Like the OP I can't be arsed to reply to every thing posted I like so it would nice to have a simple way of registering approval for a 'funny' or whatever.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I've been having similar thoughts about this idea. Must be worth a trial?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I see it as the online equivalent of an appreciative nod, a chuckle, a wry smile. Like the OP I can't be arsed to reply to every thing posted I like so it would nice to have a simple way of registering approval for a 'funny' or whatever.

Frutos likes this.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Another forum I post on uses "like" buttons, I have to say I don't really like them- imo they encourage people to post pointless, vacuous comments that say nothing of worth but are hard to disagree with.

But it seems to be the way t'internet is headed, so I guess I'm gonna be on the losing side on this one.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another forum I post on uses "like" buttons, I have to say I don't really like them- imo they encourage people to post pointless, vacuous comments that say nothing of worth but are hard to disagree with.

But it seems to be the way t'internet is headed, so I guess I'm gonna be on the losing side on this one.

Looks like you've described NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here