• McGhee should ask London Irish for his 'expert' views on the matter

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • McGhee should piss off and find a fence to sit on

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought he was having one of his better games up to that point and Akinbiyi clearly fouled him.

That said he could have just put his foot through the ball and given away a throw in. Safety first and all that, instead of trying to shepherd it out.

Judging by the way McGhee refused to even look at him when he came off as oposed to giving Nicolas a pat on the back, McGhee was not happy.

A touch harsh I think but might be time to drop him, for his confidence more then anything because it cant be doing him any good the amount of stick he is getting at the moment.

When he came off it must have been noticable the difference in reactions from the crowd for him and Nicolas.

He is also young and be playing a lot of games. Give him a couple of weeks rest and see how Mayo does.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Richie Morris said:
I thought he was having one of his better games up to that point and Akinbiyi clearly fouled him.

That said he could have just put his foot through the ball and given away a throw in. Safety first and all that, instead of trying to shepherd it out.

Judging by the way McGhee refused to even look at him when he came off as oposed to giving Nicolas a pat on the back, McGhee was not happy.

A touch harsh I think but might be time to drop him, for his confidence more then anything because it cant be doing him any good the amount of stick he is getting at the moment.

When he came off it must have been noticable the difference in reactions from the crowd for him and Nicolas.

He is also young and be playing a lot of games. Give him a couple of weeks rest and see how Mayo does.

Agree with this, not just his confidence though, because of all the media interest and stories, his head is probably not where it should be, and he may be starting to believe his own hype. McGhee should adopt the same policy as he was going to do with DC by not playing him against Stoke, if nothing else to try and clear his head somewhat...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't believe how many people are calling for the return of Kerry Mayo. He is a Div 1/2 player at best and is way off the pace required in the Championship. Please no..... Kerry's best days are long gone. We must look to the future.

:nono:

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Zebedee said:
I can't believe how many people are calling for the return of Kerry Mayo. He is a Div 1/2 player at best and is way off the pace required in the Championship. Please no..... Kerry's best days are long gone. We must look to the future.

:nono:

Yes, but I think dropping him for a game would send him a message to buck his ideas up. He obviously thinks he's guarenteed a first team place, and his inability to sign a contract isn't exactly making him friends.

Drop him. Stick Mayo in.

I'd rather see someone who wants to give 110% for the club than some big shot kid who can't wait for the next transfer window.

Seaside Wizard

Jun 19, 2004
Brighton
From where I was sitting and watching the replay Harding was fouled by Akinbyi (whatever). He had his arm across his throat and lobbed him to the ground. (and it was a clear penalty) At the match I thought Leon added a bit of a spin when falling........on the replay he got bundled into.......clear pen........officials complete tossers. Thought McGhee made error in substitution. McCammon was shite. should have taken him off and brought on Gary Hart right side up front.:angry:

larus

Richie Morris said:

Agree with everything Richie.

He's not a crap player, just hit a bad patch and is lacking confidence. It happens, and he will come though it (although I suspect he won't be here).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports