Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should it be compulsory to reverse into car park spaces?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My Dad had a really nice car in the 90’s, he used to park at the quiet far end of supermarket car parks to avoid the same.

Spaces should be made a bit wider imho.
If I go into a car park in my van I will try and park well out of the way of others, I avoid supermarkets at busy times.
I occasionally go to the Meridian Centre in Peacehaven, one lunch time I had been in the CO-OP and was sitting in my van in the corner car park which was empty, someone drove in and parked next to me :shrug: as soon as they turned off their engine I drove to the other side of the car park :smile:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

E1BBN2

Mar 29, 2023
We should do as we feel most comfortable.

Sometimes I like the mrs to reverse into my space and other times I like to drive straight in.

Wait.... what are we talking about again? 😂

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If I go into a car park in my van I will try and park well out of the way of others, I avoid supermarkets at busy times.
I occasionally go to the Meridian Centre in Peacehaven, one lunch time I had been in the CO-OP and was sitting in my van in the corner car park which was empty, someone drove in and parked next to me :shrug: as soon as they turned off their engine I drove to the other side of the car park :smile:
I do that on one of those car parks up devils dyke way….took me a while to cotton on what they were up to 👀

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I saw someone parking front first into a carpark bay couple months ago, I just stood in astonishment.

They barely scraped past the cars either side of them, narrowly missed smacking their back wheel and arch against the car to their left and their front wheel and side bumper to the car to their right, at one point it looked like they got stuck :facepalm:

I would like to know how they got out, or the other cars either side to them for that matter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pisses me off when bicycles are taking up space though - it’s called a car park for a reason…
As a pedestrian I get ticked off by cars parked on the pavement which is far more prevalent and pernicious.
Something I didn't feel I needed to mention here on a tangential, at best, thread, but when provoked into doing so I still managed to do so without being rude.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As a pedestrian I get ticked off by cars parked on the pavement which is far more prevalent and pernicious.
Something I didn't feel I needed to mention here on a tangential, at best, thread, but when provoked into doing so I still managed to do so without being rude.
Really annoying when you have a baby buggy I tell you!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you find it too difficult to reverse into a parking space, what makes you think that your vision and skills will be augmented when you have to reverse out later?

To me this is a bit like leaving the washing up over night, so the food residue can dry rock hard, because it's easier than having to wash up after eating. And then saying "well if we had a dishwasher....". But we had a dishwasher in the old flat and you used it as an alternative storage space for dishes, pans, cutlery and crockery. Oh, and obviously you forgot to turn the machine on even when full, so I had to fish out what I needed and wash it in the sink when I came home from work and wanted to make a meal.

And............exhale.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are the perfect embodiment of a latter-day saint. And with lovely hair. :bowdown:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Driving is a bit ridiculous really isn’t it, it’s all a bit ‘my dad is harder than yours’ childish bollocks.

Some people are crap drivers, some are good, some are average just like everything else in life, if you’re getting annoyed by someone taking 10 seconds longer from your day to reverse into a space because they struggle then maybe there’s other aspects of your life that are causing you to get that annoyed by something so minor.

Poor road etiquette is far more annoying to me because it’s not anything to do with skills/spatial awareness it’s just common sense.

Having driven in Spain and Europe recently I can only say I appreciate UK driving standards a lot more on the whole now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you find it too difficult to reverse into a parking space, what makes you think that your vision and skills will be augmented when you have to reverse out later?

To me this is a bit like leaving the washing up over night, so the food residue can dry rock hard, because it's easier than having to wash up after eating. And then saying "well if we had a dishwasher....". But we had a dishwasher in the old flat and you used it as an alternative storage space for dishes, pans, cutlery and crockery. Oh, and obviously you forgot to turn the machine on even when full, so I had to fish out what I needed and wash it in the sink when I came home from work and wanted to make a meal.

And............exhale.
I leave my washing up overnight to soak in the sink overnight..no problem with residue food having licked the plate ‘clean’ 😏
Don’t waste food in my house ..oh and what’s a dishwasher

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here