Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Inflammatory Threads Be Removed From NSC?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's a world of difference between a Burnley fan writing that Brighton are crap on a social forum and taking the piss out of a little girl who was torn away from her parents and then gassed to death and her body dumped in an oven with others to burn.

If you can't see any difference then you have a problem.

A pedant posts that she died of typhus whilst in Belsen, but I agree wholeheartedly with your post.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
taking the piss out of a little girl who was torn away from her parents and then gassed to death and her body dumped in an oven with others to burn.

For someone so offended by my "taking the piss" out of the girl, you know surprisingly little about her story.

Edit: and I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to give me a good, solid argument as to why my avatar is "taking the piss" out of her.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
If you can't tell the difference, then you are obviously more than a bit thick, which would go some way to explain your choice of avatar depicting a child victim of the Nazi holocaust, that you find humorous.

See my previous response...

And yes, I find my avatar humorous. Are you so "thick" to assume that that means I also find the Shoah humorous?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
For someone so offended by my "taking the piss" out of the girl, you know surprisingly little about her story.

Did I say I was offended? I don't think so. Agreed, I don't know the exact details of her death but I know she was a holocaust victim who died in a concentration camp and I know what happened to the bodies of the victims....and so do you. I don't find much humour in ripping the piss out of specific holocaust victims...whereas you do. I'm certainly not offended but that wasn't what my reply was about.

My response which you've either missed or are deliberately avoiding is that you are comparing a rival fan stating that 'Brighton are crap', with your avatar and you specifically asked:

Suppose that's somehow different though, right?

Go back and check, you did write this. Clearly you can't tell the difference. The fact that you put the words taking the piss in inverted commas confirms this, to you there's no difference between football banter and your brand of holocaust humour.

I'm going to be honest here:

I have no idea why Mr Bumlicks Avatar should/could be humorous, but am intrigued to find out why it is.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Did I say I was offended? I don't think so. Agreed, I don't know the exact details of her death but I know she was a holocaust victim who died in a concentration camp and I know what happened to the bodies of the victims....and so do you. I don't find much humour in ripping the piss out of specific holocaust victims...whereas you do. I'm certainly not offended but that wasn't what my reply was about.

My response which you've either missed or are deliberately avoiding is that you are comparing a rival fan stating that 'Brighton are crap', with your avatar and you specifically asked:

Go back and check, you did write this. Clearly you can't tell the difference. The fact that you put the words taking the piss in inverted commas confirms this, to you there's no difference and everyone else is an idiot for not getting your holocaust humour.

You have mentioned my avatar on numerous occasions. If you're not offended (and as you have turned this into a semantic argument you can replace "offended" with whichever word you choose), why bring it up so often?

I put the words "taking the piss" in inverted commas quite simply because I am not taking the piss. But you would know about my motivations better than I would, right?

Yes I know what I wrote and I stand by it. Is there a difference between some unwanted banter from an opposing fan and genocide? Do you really need me to give an opinion on that?

I'm referring to people who get offended by something (anything) on an Internet forum enough to complain about it and yet, when others are offended by something which doesn't offend them, tells those who are offended to man up and get over it.

Your lack of comprehension of these basic concepts had led to you building a ridiculous straw man in your head and I'm not going to try any further to deconstruct it for you.

And, lest we forget, your contempt for me is based on my avatar. My contempt for you is based on that incident that you were so proud of that you had run home to post about it on NSC to impress your friends. Can YOU not tell difference between those two things?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Edit: and I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to give me a good, solid argument as to why my avatar is "taking the piss" out of her.

I'll indulge you but I really don't think there's much need. It's obvious.

Anne Frank is famous solely for being a child holocaust victim who kept a diary of her daily life in hiding.

And yes, I find my avatar humorous.

Picture of child holocaust victim with the words "I'm tripping balls" - Anne Frank is on drugs. Hilarious.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Your lack of comprehension of these basic concepts had led to you building a ridiculous straw man in your head and I'm not going to try any further to deconstruct it for you.

There is NO straw man argument. I don't lack any comprehension. I also don't lack the cognitive skills to be able to differentiate different grades of piss-taking. You were the one who asked somewhat incredulously if there was a difference. You were the one drawing comparisons between the two.

You're wrong by the way, my contempt for you is based on your love of interjecting in a thread just to tell everyone how crap they are.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
See my previous response...

And yes, I find my avatar humorous. Are you so "thick" to assume that that means I also find the Shoah humorous?

A picture of any murdered child should not be used for humour. If you think you can in any way justify it, then I feel sorry for you. I guarantee you don't have kids of your own. As to whether you find the Shoah funny, I have know idea what you find amusing about your avatar.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here