Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should I SUE EA Sports?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We went through this with the developers, it is not scripted. We went through about 25 scenarios when playing FIFA 16 vs CPU and user to which we all analysed with the developers to prove it is not scripted. Human emotion is the key here!

There was one guy that said he ALWAYS concedes a goal in the last minute and looses to the CPU. So when the late goal went in to make him loose the game we went over and had a look...he had changed his formation to 3 at the back and was playing all out attack, the CPU counter attacked him and it was 3 on 1 at the back where he was short and they scored. Scripted he would say....just bad playing the developers mentioned.

As you can imagine we went through plenty of these scenarios showing that it was the human element that was not consistent vs a programmable machine that wouldn't know how ti 'script; a game from every scenario.

A few of the guys still didn't believe but there you go

Fifa 15 is 100% totally and utterly scripted.

Because I wanted to prove this to myslef, I utilised the "restart match" feature during career mode. On Professional. I played the same game against Watford 7 (seven) times and in every single match, Watford scored with their first chance within 20 minutes. I tried keeping the ball, hoofing it, changing the formation. Nothing made a difference. Every time. They scored within 20 minutes.

I hope they've done something to make it feel more realistic and less scripted in Fifa 16. But when playing the CPU, so often you just feel when a goal against you is coming. You miss 5 tackles in a row, the CPU plays an almost impossible ball through the middle and (despite you calling your keeper out), he ambles out towards the ball only to come 1mm away from making a save.

Playing against another actual person, Fifa is the best video game out there IMO, but against the CPU, so often you just get the feeling that you cannot win. That makes it the least fun game you could ever wish to play!

Out of interest though, any other notable improvements in 16? How are the graphics?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Because I wanted to prove this to myslef, I utilised the "restart match" feature during career mode. On Professional. I played the same game against Watford 7 (seven) times and in every single match, Watford scored with their first chance within 20 minutes. I tried keeping the ball, hoofing it, changing the formation. Nothing made a difference. Every time. They scored within 20 minutes.

I hope they've done something to make it feel more realistic and less scripted in Fifa 16. But when playing the CPU, so often you just feel when a goal against you is coming. You miss 5 tackles in a row, the CPU plays an almost impossible ball through the middle and (despite you calling your keeper out), he ambles out towards the ball only to come 1mm away from making a save.

Playing against another actual person, Fifa is the best video game out there IMO, but against the CPU, so often you just get the feeling that you cannot win. That makes it the least fun game you could ever wish to play!

Out of interest though, any other notable improvements in 16? How are the graphics?

I'll be honest, I've never noticied this "scripting" when winning the Champions League on Legendary.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We went through this with the developers, it is not scripted.
This is interesting. Who's 'we'?

I don't play FIFA, but a friend I play BF4 with says the multiplayer is scripted too. He says he'll go on an unbeaten 10 game streak, and then a 10 game loss streak, which basically repeats ad infinitum. And that the same happens to his friends, and that it makes no difference if the person he's playing is good or bad, the result will often be determined by who's turn it is to win.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't play FIFA, but a friend I play BF4 with says the multiplayer is scripted too. He says he'll go on an unbeaten 10 game streak, and then a 10 game loss streak, which basically repeats ad infinitum. And that the same happens to his friends, and that it makes no difference if the person he's playing is good or bad, the result will often be determined by who's turn it is to win.

So, even if you manage to keep the ball and your opponent doesn't get a shot on goal.....you will lose.....?

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011

I was the same as you but they went through the scenarios we had for them!! Its emotion and human error, that's what they put it down to. I don't believe it is scripted anymore. The developers were saying it is the most frustrating thing they hear about the game!

Tom, I cant give too much away due to the NDA that I signed but other questions that were asked and answered were....having control of a clubs finances to increase stadium and choosing sponsors etc to earn money = will never happen. Now they have licensing for kits, stadia and leagues the clubs, sponsors etc wont let the game change the kit. this is also why if you are a championship club and get promoted, you have the championship badge on your arm still. Nothing to do with being able to do it but with licensing.

New licenses are coming, I asked about conference and lower English tiers and the guy smiled but didn't confirm anything. There are also new teams that we played with that will divide opinion as to whether they should be in there or not.

As to the new features, I pretty much liked most of them. Some really good ideas, a couple of which are in Career mode.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

I don't think that's scripting, it you go on a run of ten wins eventually the fixture generator will start matching you up with other people who have won 10 games in a row so then it stands that you are going to find matches significantly more difficult, having won 10 matches in a row it would also normally mean a promotion in there somewhere so you are playing in a higher league as well.

My flatmate has broken 5 controllers playing this game, it is uncomfortable being in the same room as him whilst he plays due to the histrionics, shouting smashing things about. Seriously sad to get so wound up by a game and it is always things going against him but he doesn't see when things are going for him, that is just the mentality of some players, can't understand why they lose so blame it on 'scripting'.

Personally I don't enjoy Fifa it is too much of a simulation and there are a set number of ways to 'game' the system to win. I would be all over an arcade style non sim football game, something like Fifa Street but on full size pitches - why doesn't such a game exist!? It is like the fun element of games has completely vanished and everything has to be so serious.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Back in the day when there were only a couple of football manager games, I had Championship Manager (must be at least 15 years ago), and that was a genuinely realistic game. Nowadays I seem to play games that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get relegated, but this game was great. Not only could you get relegated, you also had realistic financial issues which meant selling the prized player to settle the books - or get sacked. I've tried recently to find this old game for the PC on ebay, I know the players are well out of date, but this game was the best.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Back in the day when there were only a couple of football manager games, I had Championship Manager (must be at least 15 years ago), and that was a genuinely realistic game. Nowadays I seem to play games that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get relegated, but this game was great. Not only could you get relegated, you also had realistic financial issues which meant selling the prized player to settle the books - or get sacked. I've tried recently to find this old game for the PC on ebay, I know the players are well out of date, but this game was the best.

Championship Manager was great and is now called Football Manager, unfortunately (depending on your viewpoint) it is much more complicated these days - the nearest you are going to get to old school Championship Manager is probably the cut down version of Football Manager on your phone or tablet.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Championship Manager was great and is now called Football Manager, unfortunately (depending on your viewpoint) it is much more complicated these days - the nearest you are going to get to old school Championship Manager is probably the cut down version of Football Manager on your phone or tablet.

I don't like the modern ones because the emphasis seems to be on shiny graphics and showing the game play out as if watching on TV etc - I much prefer stats and the game being represented by a line of commentary across the screen! But maybe I'm showing my age.... :/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here