Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should England go it alone?

Scottish Independence, what would you do?

• Let them go

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • Fight for the Union

Votes: 44 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I didn’t vote to leave the EU, so I’m unlikely to think that English independence is a good thing.

I believe in taking down borders, not putting them up.

That’s where Sturgeon’s ideology comes unstuck. Even before Brexit she was pro-EU. Leaving the Union now will not guarantee entry to the EU. So, this is an emotional ideological vote and nothing more.

Brexit has happened and the best we can do now is genuinely stick together and build a better country. That’s not done through division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Tory government has virtually no voice in Holyrood and equally Scotland has returned a huge number of SNP MP's to Westminster. Scotland can see no future, certainly not the future it wants, while tied to the UK. .. and none of that is going to change any time now. Johnson and tge Tories are going to do as little as possible " Levelling up " North of tge border.

It's a bit cheeky of the Scots to demand another independence vote but so much has changed since the last vote and the Brexit disaster. I say let them have their vote.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Which means Conservatives in perpetuity. Partly explains why they're damaging the union with every action they take

If the England rump is populated overwhelmingly by tory supporters, it is what it is. I for one may campaign against it but I wouldn't consider it unfair.

Besides....if Johnson wins again, and things continue to go downhill, even the English will give their heads a wobble. Nothing lasts forever.

The funniest 'serious' book ever written was 'The end of history' by Francis Fukuyama (in 1992). Nothing lasts forever. And few things last for very long at all.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Tory government has virtually no voice in Holyrood and equally Scotland has returned a huge number of SNP MP's to Westminster. Scotland can see no future, certainly not the future it wants, while tied to the UK. .. and none of that is going to change any time now. Johnson and tge Tories are going to do as little as possible " Levelling up " North of tge border.

It's a bit cheeky of the Scots to demand another independence vote but so much has changed since the last vote and the Brexit disaster. I say let them have their vote.

So easy to forget how the Tories told the Scots in 2014 to Vote to stay and then you can stay in the EU

The ultimate betrayal followed and within months the Tories were gambling everything to the future of their party with a proposed Brexit vote.

Johnson is hated in Scotland even by Scottish Tories. Sturgeon will be praying he sticks around a bit longer, he's the best thing that ever happened to the SNP. The skip fire gets bigger every day

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I didn’t vote to leave the EU, so I’m unlikely to think that English independence is a good thing.

I believe in taking down borders, not putting them up.

That’s where Sturgeon’s ideology comes unstuck. Even before Brexit she was pro-EU. Leaving the Union now will not guarantee entry to the EU. So, this is an emotional ideological vote and nothing more.

Brexit has happened and the best we can do now is genuinely stick together and build a better country. That’s not done through division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem is, the argument will be "England can unilaterally decide to leave a union so why can't Scotland?"

Not unreasonable really. It's not much of a union when Scotland has decisions like that taken out of it's hands. It's bad enough that the Tories persistently get to run Britain when the Scots never elect them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I could vote to get away from this dreadful Government and all the Brexit voting little Englanders I would. Sadly I’m English and live in England…
Oh and this. This government embarrasses the country as does the vast numbers of insular Brexity gammon that keeps them there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here