Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should El-Abd be captain ?

Bass dodger

Jul 10, 2011
Although I'm a JCL STH I have watched the Albion on and off for forty years or so, and have watched a lot of football at Non League level.

What strikes me as an obvious weakness with the Albion is a lack of leader on the pitch, we dont seem to have a captain who is willing to direct, or instruct or motivate his team.

I like a captain who is also a leader, someone who will shake his fist and let rip when things are not going well. The players have to respect their leader and be willing to die on the pitch for him.

I dont feel that with Greer we have those qualities but I think El-Abd would give us that.

Any thoughts ??

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Although I'm a JCL STH I have watched the Albion on and off for forty years or so, and have watched a lot of football at Non League level.

What strikes me as an obvious weakness with the Albion is a lack of leader on the pitch, we dont seem to have a captain who is willing to direct, or instruct or motivate his team.

I like a captain who is also a leader, someone who will shake his fist and let rip when things are not going well. The players have to respect their leader and be willing to die on the pitch for him.

I dont feel that with Greer we have those qualities but I think El-Abd would give us that.

Any thoughts ??

Yep Greer is a shit captain, ElAbd or Crofty should get the armband as from and including the Leeds game friday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why rock the boat.

What's El Abd going to do with an armband on, that he doesn't do now?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes Greer seems to laid back for my liking

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We have the best defence in the league, but Greer is starting to get criticism. Where's the justification? And where's the justification of criticising his ability as a captain?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

Any thoughts ??

Completely agree! Either El-Abd or the return to captain marvel himself! Unfortunately for Greer he is being found out and El-Abd (or Crofty) would be a fantastic option.

Unfortunately, when looking at the prospective outcome, the dressing room politics comes into play. Greer is a player tat may not take the decision lightly, one bit. It'll be split with pro-Greer and pro-(insert new captain name). Which could inevitbaly be turmoil to our season.

The only way this is going to happen is that Greer gets injured, incomes a wonderful partnership of Dunk and El-Abd and the leadership of El-Abd/Crofty. Gus will then consult with Greer and Greer may well agree and be the mature player with his head up high knowing that his playing days are numbered.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Completely agree! Either El-Abd or the return to captain marvel himself! Unfortunately for Greer he is being found out and El-Abd (or Crofty) would be a fantastic option.

Unfortunately, when looking at the prospective outcome, the dressing room politics comes into play. Greer is a player tat may not take the decision lightly, one bit. It'll be split with pro-Greer and pro-(insert new captain name). Which could inevitbaly be turmoil to our season.

The only way this is going to happen is that Greer gets injured, incomes a wonderful partnership of Dunk and El-Abd and the leadership of El-Abd/Crofty. Gus will then consult with Greer and Greer may well agree and be the mature player with his head up high knowing that his playing days are numbered.

I`m sure the injury could be arranged on the training ground, Dickers very good at crippling our players i believe

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stop the sweaty sock from blaming Kuscak for every goal that he concedes for starters
I wondered that when 'Boro scored.

He clearly turned and hurled a volley of abuse.
But clearly Kuszczak wasn't at fault, so maybe that's just GG's way of dealing with the ultimate humiliation of conceding.

I struggle with the notion of changing a defence that has conceded only 9 goals.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
I wondered that when 'Boro scored.

He clearly turned and hurled a volley of abuse.
But clearly Kuszczak wasn't at fault, so maybe that's just GG's way of dealing with the ultimate humiliation of conceding.

I struggle with the notion of changing a defence that has conceded only 9 goals.

I'm sure Greer was having a go at Bruno for losing the ball in the build up, not Kusczczak.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I don't think there is any immediate need for change as the defence is doing all right.

GG is doing OK but, longer term, perhaps the club should be looking at Bridders in recognition of his input into the side, his potential future input and our desire to keep him here.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The only changes we need to make are in midfield and attack ... the problem in midfield is that we have too many players of the same mould ( defensive) where is our attacking man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here