[Albion] Should Dunk start against Crystal Palace if he is fit?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s a no for me.

Too soon and doubt he’d be match sharp even if fit.

We have shown we can be successful without him, which is actually a really good thing

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
No, but……..

You have to define ‘fit’ a little more precisely.

Webster always looks a bit shit when he comes straight back from injury, I suspect Dunk would be the same. I’m very uncomfortable with us throwing him into the Palace match (in particular) having not played a single minute of competitive football for so many weeks. With Burn and Veltman in such good form, we don’t need to rush our captain back. What’s wrong with the team that played so well against Chelsea or Everton?

The bench and maybe a subs appearance for me.

Thanks, saved me a lot of typing

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Having Dunk back, (if it's true) combined with not having Mwepu (I guess) and Bissouma could tip the balance to us reverting to a back 3.

Which 3, out of our 5 top class centre backs get picked is still too difficult for the likes of me to work out, but my instincts tell me that Dunk must come back in and Veltman and Burn should keep their place.

Very harsh on the two top players who've missed out, but that's where we are.

My defence would look like

-------Veltman Dunk Burn
Lamptey ------------Cuccurella

If GP decided to pick a back 4, and if all 5 defenders are available, how do you pick that?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Having Dunk back, (if it's true) combined with not having Mwepu (I guess) and Bissouma could tip the balance to us reverting to a back 3.

Which 3, out of our 5 top class centre backs get picked is still too difficult for the likes of me to work out, but my instincts tell me that Dunk must come back in and Veltman and Burn should keep their place.

Very harsh on the two top players who've missed out, but that's where we are.

My defence would look like

-------Veltman Dunk Burn
Lamptey ------------Cuccurella

If GP decided to pick a back 4, and if all 5 defenders are available, how do you pick that?
We are better with Webster makes good runs forward probably the best out of all our CB’s just my opinion.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Has there been any update regarding his fitness, would be surprised to see him b4 early Feb

Last week he was back running on grass and kicking a ball, but was training on his own rather than with the rest of the squad. He was considered an outside chance for the Palace game according to Potter. Personally, although it would be great to see him play against Palace, I don't think he'll be involved.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
For me I'd prefer to see him get 60 odd mins for the U23's to get a bit of game time before dropping him straight back into 1st team action.

As much as we all want him back, after being out for a couple of months, I for one think they should ease him back in gently especially as our current players covering his absence have done pretty well.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
When fully fit he always plays. He isn’t match fit, we know that, and BDB has been one of our best players of late. We’ve been playing well, no need to risk it just because it’s palace.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't argue with that. Just not sure who doesn't play!

Erm…you could argue with it, as the OP said it’s his opinion.

If Dunk is ‘fit’ then ye he should be up for consideration….who he replaces if anyone is another question…for example is Webster ‘fit’?

Guessing what Potter will do is another question….from what we’ve seen Dunk would be on the bench if Webster/Burn are fit.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, my view is I'll go with what Potter decides. GP will know: how fit his CBs are (it's not just Dunk, see also Webster); how many CBs he wants to play against Palace; which of the available CBs will suit that combination the best; and no doubt other things that are beyond my comprehension.
I suspect that this is the answer the OP was looking for.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Hi people very very long time no see, mental illness is an awful thing to suffer from it’s stopped me from being the real me for a long long time.8&1

So let’s try again.
Dunk - hmmmm !! It a difficult question, kick out one of the lads who have been doing brilliantly in Dunks position
and batter one of their confidence or even his desire to play for for Brighton, or start the guys who have done a brilliant job in his position again.
since he was injured ? If Dunk is fit and rearing to go on all cylinders, put him on the bench and let’s hope that gets him chomping at the bit. Half-time comes Dunk stays on the bench another 20 minutest then they put him on and whichever guy comes off, everyone is happy ????

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports