Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should Bruno........

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I do rate Montoya but is Bruno simply not in the team because we are trying to think longer term? Because every time he plays (from memory) he is always excellent. I think we miss him tbh he stays wide/stretches the play and more so imo over laps and links up with our wingers better.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If only Bruno was a bit younger. Though after not playing too much this year, there is a good argument for starting him for a few games in the run in. My impressions of Montoya are of a steady player but unspectacular.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you can see Montoya get better recently and he speaks a bit of English now which is probably contributing to the better performances

Surely somebody could have translated "Martin, please could you try to get at least some of your crosses past the first defender?" into Spanish by now, if it would have helped? :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely somebody could have translated "Martin, please could you try to get at least some of your crosses past the first defender?" into Spanish by now, if it would have helped? :shrug:

Shame he got that assist at Millwall chalked off because of that dopey bloody li...

...ok, lets not go there.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I seem to recall Bruno being brought back in at the end of last season for the seemingly crucial points against Spurs and United.
Admittedly the Schelletto experiment was well and truly done after the palace implosion, but I can see the value in having Bruno back for a few games now.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think you can see Montoya get better recently and he speaks a bit of English now which is probably contributing to the better performances

After Schelotto last year Montoya has been a blessing and he is okay as much as Bong is okay. but next season he will need a Bernardo type competition for the place. I haven't got a problem with Montoya btw.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely ridiculous question. If he plays yes. If he doesn’t no.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nice sentiment, but as he didn't start at Millwall, I'd say its pretty unlikely.

He was on a yellow card, I saw that as possibly an effort to protect him so he could lead us out.

I think it's a tough one, sentimentality says he's led us so well in his time with us, his career is winding down, we'd hope Dunk might have opportunities going forward to lead us out at Wembley. On the other hand, Dunk has been the captain so much this year, and there's no guarantee we'll get back to Wembley anytime soon after this season, doesn't Dunk deserve it? What sort of impact would that have if other teams show an interest in him when we've shoved him aside for Bruno?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I did enjoy seeing Bruno back in the side last night ....that nutmeg he did in the first half down by the north west corner was sublime ....I’d be staggered if we saw him again next season and hope that I get the chance to see him play for us one more time this season

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Should replace Hughton in charge for the last 5 games....

That crossed my mind last night too. I am definitely Hughton in but the energy, commitment, skill and passion Bruno has for the club would lessen the blow for me if CH was to be replaced for the last 5 games by the bearded legend. The work rate that guy put in last night was phenomenal for a man of his age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here