Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Should Brighton & Hove declare independence?

Should Brighton & Hove declare independence?

• Yes

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well given the clear expansionist philosophy out new nation is displaying there's no reason we can't make aggressive moves towards Portsmouth. Get a proper naval base.

It was, but isn't now. You'd have to annexe Plymouth to get a proper naval base.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The record of us residents of Brighton and Hove voting sensibly isn't great, so to become independent and agree on a sensible governing body doesn't bode well.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It was, but isn't now. You'd have to annexe Plymouth to get a proper naval base.

It'd surely be sufficient as an initial naval base though? Just because it's not used as much now it still seems to have the facilities for our fledgling navy. I mean HMS Illustrious was there for decommissioning last time I was there, so it's clearly capable of docking an aircraft carrier, and I think one of the births (0 perhaps) can work with subs. Enough for a start.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
President Simon Hew Dalrymple Fanshawe OBE!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
let's bomb Worthing?

surely an independent Brighton will need Worthing to ship all the old duffers off to when they turn 65 and become a burden.

much better to carpet bomb Croydon and send out a positive message to the wider community

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here