Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Bloom give Micky Adams a job at the Amex?

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
I think your find Mr Bloom was responsible for Mickey's lunchtime date at the Little Chef with Dick Knight, so don't expect any favours from our Tony on this one.

However as previously said in this thread, no one should ever forget what he did for this club the first time around.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I never liked the guy but he did wonders for us 1st time around, I refuse to revel in his misfortune, even though he drove me away from watching the Albion during his 2nd coming.

A Conference or League 2 club will undoubtably give him a job and I imagine he'll do quite well.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
We could build a plinth for him and he could stand on it on match days as a real life Albion hero.... despite what happened second time round the man is an Albion legend .... he began our ascent from oblivion. I hope no one forgets that.

:thumbsup:

Sadly, it seems a few have.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
:thumbsup:

Sadly, it seems a few have.

Yes, incredible isn't it. He laid the early foundations for what we have now and gave us our first taste of success for years not to mention turning out for the Falmer marches etc. Some people have short memories or are just plan stupid to abuse him.

I for one would de delighted to see him involved in some way, even if it is just a bit of scouting.

AndyO

May 26, 2009
I just don't get the ill feeling / disrespect towards MA, ok the second stint didn't work out but we shouldn't forget the sucess we enjoyed under his first tenure.
He obviously still loved the club after he left and was fairly prominent in pro- falmer campaign - joining marches etc.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst I too agree that we should not forget his original contribution we should also remember that he also took the time and trouble to join the Falmer marches. I don't think he really needs a job as I'm sure he'll get something even if it's non league. He'll also have a handy pay off from Sheffield United (assuming the relegation doesn't force them into administration).

Is there a suitable job for Micky Adams at The Amex? He is an intelligent with a good commercial brain. Any jobs suited to his abilities?

Adams and Cork gave us success and great times at Withdean, obviously it didn't work second time around but no one should forget what they did for us. Nicely primed question to get all the 'he could be the car park attendant' answers but shameful and low none the less.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I just don't get the ill feeling / disrespect towards MA, ok the second stint didn't work out but we shouldn't forget the sucess we enjoyed under his first tenure.
He obviously still loved the club after he left and was fairly prominent in pro- falmer campaign - joining marches etc.

Totally agree, Andy.

Some people on here have either got very short memories or weren't around in those early days at Withdean (still in nappies, perhaps).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here