• Yes - it's for people to entertain their guests whoever they support

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • No - the best area should be for Brighton fans and neutrals

Votes: 27 42.9%

• Total voters

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Quite often you get the away team board sitting as a group. There were about 6-8 of them from Middlesbrough who were dancing around like good uns for each goal. No holding back there.

Jan 30, 2008
I think away fans should be allowed, but the home club should always make it clear that whilst they are welcome, their behaviour should reflect the fact they are surrounded by home support.

I did Palace away where we were sat next to a box including some bell-end proudly announcing he had been Palace's top boy in the past - which was awkward - and I'm doing Preston away too.
must have been Clive:ffsparr:
regards
DR

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I did Palace away where we were sat next to a box including some bell-end proudly announcing he had been Palace's top boy in the past - which was awkward - and I'm doing Preston away too.

Whatever you do, don't throw an inflatable seagull over the edge of the box onto the Palace fans below.

Oh, you threw an inflatable seagull over the edge of the box onto the Palace fans below.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No thanks. Don't want them there. But if they have to be they should shut up.

I lost it with a Palace fan in the FFS Murray game for over celebrating his goal.

I've been in the home end at away grounds and you have to accept you can't celebrate Brighton goals. 1) for your own safety 2) out of respect for the home fans.

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I think it's all down to behaviour. I'm sure no one in 1901 minds a bit of playful banter with any away fans in there as guests. But if the away fans in there are going to start abusing everyone in sight then I could see why home fans would want them kept out. Same if Brighton fans are guests in those areas at other grounds.
Behave well and your always be welcomed back in future.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't have an issue with usual supporting ie encouraging, clapping, cheering etc but I have seen some knob-heads who try to make a point, push the boundaries, test the stewards etc. If you want to enjoy the game fine, if you have some other agenda, or are just a plain and simple cock, expect to be slung out.

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I don't have an issue with usual supporting ie encouraging, clapping, cheering etc but I have seen some knob-heads who try to make a point, push the boundaries, test the stewards etc. If you want to enjoy the game fine, if you have some other agenda, or are just a plain and simple cock, expect to be slung out.

Bit off topic but can never understand why people 'Test the stewards'. Take last night with the big beach ball in the away end, one of the stewards got hold of it and looked like he was going to keep it until the end of the match, then a Ipswich fan walked down about 15 rows and punched it out of the stewards hands. Then it looked like he got removed from the stand by the stewards and I presume missed the rest of the match! Is it worth it?

Bit off topic but can never understand why people 'Test the stewards'. Take last night with the big beach ball in the away end, one of the stewards got hold of it and looked like he was going to keep it until the end of the match, then a Ipswich fan walked down about 15 rows and punched it out of the stewards hands. Then it looked like he got removed from the stand by the stewards and I presume missed the rest of the match! Is it worth it?

I don't know about "testing the stewards", but that beach ball was testing my patience. And I was 140 yards away.

Batwell31

Dec 11, 2015
I'm sure if we had won last night then this wouldn't be a topic - it's football, people support different teams and we should all be respectful, unless people can't handle their drink and get a abusive etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Had a rare prawn sandwich night in 1901 with my mate last night. Good times except the football and the fact there seemed to be a few Ipswich in there. A mate of mine was also in there for the Birmingham game and had a Birmingham fan right behind him who was cheering them on and celebrated their goal.

For me it's not on to pay more than anyone else and then have to put up with this. Either football's segregated or it's not. Am I right, am I an out of touch dinosaur or do I just not "get" corporate.

Seems to me the 1901 is fans equivalent of the directors box at football or anywhere in the ground at rugby i.e. areas where the fake tribalism of yesteryear can be put aside and people can be treated as adults. can also probably be trusted to drink a pint of beer within full view of the pitch without turning into a frenzied beer monster. A bit like cricket or rugby or just about any other sport really.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
can be treated as adults. can also probably be trusted to drink a pint of beer within full view of the pitch without turning into a frenzied beer monster.

You can have a pint in view of the pitch until 14:45. But after this time it turns even 1901ers into monsters so they need to bring the blinds down to prevent it.

As an aside try explaining this legislation to a foreigner. They'll think you're mad.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You can have a pint in view of the pitch until 14:45. But after this time it turns even 1901ers into monsters so they need to bring the blinds down to prevent it.

As an aside try explaining this legislation to a foreigner. They'll think you're mad.

It IS mad. But more than that, puerile jobsworthness forced by moronic legislation. RWC at the Amex proved that beyond any reasonable doubt. But then every football fan knew that anyway. Why do they refuse to treat us like grown-ups? Surely they now realise that a live football audience is a quaint but valuable backdrop to their TV transmission.Ten years from now they'll be letting us in for free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here