Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was a s**t cross

:nono:

Come on. None of us on here has any real idea of an elite player's ability but we all know it's way above our own. As a self admitted pub centre back with the touch of a whisky inhibited elephant I'm only banging that in there for someone else if I can see at least two big guys ready to head it in, and I'm only shooting if I can see the keeper slightly off his line and know he can't see properly.

And my guess is Mwepu can actually execute on that (I'd have probably hit row Q of the away end in either attempt).

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Shot, when you try to cross a ball even a shit one you take a quick look up , the ball was pinged to him and he hit it first time without looking up, players move , the goal posts do not .

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
:nono:

Come on. None of us on here has any real idea of an elite player's ability but we all know it's way above our own. As a self admitted pub centre back with the touch of a whisky inhibited elephant I'm only banging that in there for someone else if I can see at least two big guys ready to head it in, and I'm only shooting if I can see the keeper slightly off his line and know he can't see properly.

And my guess is Mwepu can actually execute on that (I'd have probably hit row Q of the away end in either attempt).

Woosh. It is shit cross because its a great goal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yup.

It's either just about the worst and most pointless cross I've seen this season or a very clever piece of play, instinctive, yet with the retained memory that Alisson has the sun in his eyes.

I'm going for the latter every single time.

While I agree it was definitely a shot, I dont really know how much he gave a **** about the positioning of Alisson and the sun. The guy is just very, very horny to score like we saw against Leicester when he got mad at Maupay for a second when he didnt get to shoot from what was not a particularly dangerous position. I think this guy sees no goalkeepers - he only sees GOALS. Long may it continue. The Zambian Frank Lampard.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
While I agree it was definitely a shot, I dont really know how much he gave a **** about the positioning of Alisson and the sun. The guy is just very, very horny to score like we saw against Leicester when he got mad at Maupay for a second when he didnt get to shoot from what was not a particularly dangerous position. I think this guy sees no goalkeepers - he only sees GOALS. Long may it continue. The Zambian Frank Lampard.

If Alisson is on his line he catches that like Michael Jordan and sets one of their full backs off on the break.

If the sun isn't in his eyes he still probably saves it.

I'm not sure I want someone in my team who would regularly mess up such a tactical position as we had at that point because he's horny.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
:lolol: fair enough. It's been a long day..................

I think the poll voting has pretty much settled it anyway!

:) Which is what I voted. Salah scores that, and the world says magnificent. Was a sight to behold. No way was that a cross. Exceptional strike.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
if alisson is on his line he catches that like michael jordan and sets one of their full backs off on the break.

If the sun isn't in his eyes he still probably saves it.

I'm not sure i want someone in my team who would regularly mess up such a tactical position as we had at that point because he's horny.

... Goals!

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
The first suggestion that this was a fluffed cross was when I heard Klop's interview. My reaction was thats bullshit, the second suggestion that this was a fluffed cross was this thread, my reaction, this is bullshit. My third thought about this was watching it again, and again and again, my reaction what a cracking goal.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't understand why this is even a question?

At no point up until I heard Klopp call it a mishit cross did I even consider the possibility that it was an attempted cross and then I immediately dismissed it as the words of a frustrated and/or bitter manager who had seen his team lose a two goal lead. It was a great goal and everything about Mwepu, where he's looking, his body shape all say the same.

Was Henderson's goal a mishit through ball? Was Mane trying to head the ball back across the goal?

:shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's a thing (or not).

We won the toss and turned them around (nothing freaks me out more at t'Amex).

Did we do that because we knew 3pm kick in late Oct would result in the sun playing havoc with the keeper for the last 10 minutes of the first half, but be gone by the start of the second?

If so the dweebiest of dweeb analytics guy in the team, was having an extra shot of orange squash, last night.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Here's a thing (or not).

We won the toss and turned them around (nothing freaks me out more at t'Amex).

Did we do that because we knew 3pm kick in late Oct would result in the sun playing havoc with the keeper for the last 10 minutes of the first half, but be gone by the start of the second?

If so the dweebiest of dweeb analytics guy in the team, was having an extra shot of orange squash, last night.

A lucky hunch or a level of detail from the back up team entirely in keeping with GP's tactical masterplan?
I know what my money's on :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here