Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shorehamstock [Worthing Weekender]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Anyone know what time the festival starts on Saturday?

I'm not planning on going but I've got to take my son to a football tournament in Worthing on Saturday morning, not sure if the A27 is likely to be busy at 8.30 AM on Sat.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Ropetackle is an excellent arts centre with a line up as good as anything in Brighton or Worthing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh dear i only know one.

i see the ticket is labelled Brighton City Airport...i guess with Brighton in the title it looks funkier...it may be its official title but is know as Shoreham Airport

I believe it's been owned by a firm called Brighton City Airport for a long time.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Anyone know what time the festival starts on Saturday?

I'm not planning on going but I've got to take my son to a football tournament in Worthing on Saturday morning, not sure if the A27 is likely to be busy at 8.30 AM on Sat.

Should be alright that early but it will be interesting to see what happens later, given the heatwave, esp if thousands try & get in without tix like many did for years at Glasto. The Fatboy Slim Beach event predicted 50k & 250k turned up..possible meltdown with no solution?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Should be alright that early but it will be interesting to see what happens later, given the heatwave, esp if thousands try & get in without tix like many did for years at Glasto. The Fatboy Slim Beach event predicted 50k & 250k turned up..possible meltdown with no solution?

Really? You could apply that to any festival in the last 10 years. FBS was an open event on the beach, not a ticketed event with a lot of security.

You are a bit of a doom merchant aren't you.

Event doesn't start till 2 either, so don't expect it to get too busy before 4-5

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Thanks.
I'm now thinking about the return journey, I'm not sure when the football tournament will finish.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Rumour has it the roofs blown off the main stage
Scaffolding looks a right twisted mess
Rumours the Festival could now be cancelled ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here