Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shorehamstock [Worthing Weekender]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dear organisers,
Can you please fix it for aattiilaa and his crappy self-indulgent piano to play no part in the proceedings. I know he lives just down the road and expenses would be minimal, but that's no excuse. Please exercise some level of quality control.

Kind regards

THPP

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
As I posted a bit further up the page, its apparently going to be linked with Parklife Manchester, in a similar way to how Reading/Leeds works. Looking at the 2014 Parklife line-up it could actually be quite good for somebody with a musical taste like mine.

http://www.skiddle.com/festivals/Parklife2/lineup.html

Day ticket for the Saturday to see: Snoop Dogg, Annie Mac, Kendrick Lamar, Bondax, Nero, Duke Dumont, Andy C, Flying Lotus, Zomby & Ben Pearce. Wouldn't complain with something like that again this year!

My apologies I'd likely be up for that. Though the 1 am curfew seems a bit mean with all that great electronic music.

Is it going to be a camper? Liekly to be less than £100 as well, judging by last year's pricing.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The buildings to the south (west of river) are the Shoreham Dogs Trust & the Shoreham Longbeach pub. This land was nicked from Lancing a century ago, get over it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's a thought, the dogs over at the dogs home will have to be moved for the two days, it's bad enough for humans lord knows how the dogs would cope.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
My apologies I'd likely be up for that. Though the 1 am curfew seems a bit mean with all that great electronic music.

Is it going to be a camper? Liekly to be less than £100 as well, judging by last year's pricing.

1am is a bit of a pisser, however it probably means there's a chance some acts who are on at 9/10ish will then play sets in Brighton at Pryzm/Coalition which would be nice if they clash with somebody else.

From what I understand there won't be camping in Shoreham this year, with the idea being to keep it manageable and then expand next year to allow more people, camping, more acts, later ending times etc. I reckon they'll be a Silent Disco or something similar open until 3ish though, just to help with spreading out peoples leaving times.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Dear organisers,
Can you please fix it for aattiilaa and his crappy self-indulgent piano to play no part in the proceedings. I know he lives just down the road and expenses would be minimal, but that's no excuse. Please exercise some level of quality control.

Kind regards

THPP

I run a festival 2 miles away mate - I won't be going anywhere near it! Anyway, I can't play the piano :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How many go to the RAFA airshow?

Dunno, I wouldn't have thought anywhere near 35k though. And its more spread through the day, not as concentrated on an arrival and finish time, plus not everyone goes to the airport. I usually spend thr afternoon getting trollied outside the Red Lion.

Well they manage to get 200k people in and out of a farm in Somerset every year so 35k should be a doddle right?

Well...I suppose. Presumably everything will have to arrive via the A27 - you can't have traffic coming from the south as there's that tiny little tunnel under the railway to negotiate along that narrow lane, so that rules out buses and coaches from that direction.

I'm just intrigued on the logistics of shifting such a large number of people to and from a fairly awkwardly placed venue. We do it week-in week-out at the Amex, but thats with fleets of additional buses, and with a train station on the doorstep. I'll be interested to see how this all pans out.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Interesting, but if its anything to do with V Fest, expect more of a corporate fest than anything, and a pack them in, get them p****d on pricey lager.

At least it won't have the Essex crowd that Hylands Park gets though.....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
On South Today tonight, The Dogs Trust are saying they will probably have to sedate the dogs during the festival, I wonder what they will use ? Catamine ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
On South Today tonight, The Dogs Trust are saying they will probably have to sedate the dogs during the festival, I wonder what they will use ? Catamine ?

Steve's ..... And we know who I am talking about here , took his dog to the vet because it got so shaky around firework night. Did you know that they prescribe Valium to dogs that get nervy at that time of year. Funny thing is Steve took them and said he wasn't going to see them wasted on a dog......what a *******.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Steve's ..... And we know who I am talking about here , took his dog to the vet because it got so shaky around firework night. Did you know that they prescribe Valium to dogs that get nervy at that time of year. Funny thing is Steve took them and said he wasn't going to see them wasted on a dog......what a *******.

I wonder if it was combined with a Wormer ? that would have sorted him out nicely.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now announced. Its Disclosure & Rudimental 'curating' a 2 day festival at 'Brighton City Airport. http://www.wildlifefestival.com/

Very decent dancey line up. Artists already revealed so far as well as us & Rudimental: SAM SMITH, George Ezra, Wu-Tang Clan, Annie Mac, Seth Troxler, Jamie xx, David 'Ram Jam' Rodigan, Maya Jane Coles B2B Heidi (official page). Full line-up to be announced Thursday!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Now announced. Its Disclosure & Rudimental 'curating' a 2 day festival at 'Brighton City Airport. http://www.wildlifefestival.com/

Very decent dancey line up. Artists already revealed so far as well as us & Rudimental: SAM SMITH, George Ezra, Wu-Tang Clan, Annie Mac, Seth Troxler, Jamie xx, David 'Ram Jam' Rodigan, Maya Jane Coles B2B Heidi (official page). Full line-up to be announced Thursday!

Sam Smith, I seriously dont get the appeal of this bloke. Shite songs and no personality. Tosspot.

Line up will make it tempting if priced well, however heading off the Glastonbury later that month I'm not sure it will be worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here