Shorehamstock [Worthing Weekender]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I expect they will have real Z list bands on, it's festival overload so all the good acts are booked .

A chance to hear some of the up and coming bands then..........and Leo Sayer of course.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Should be fun! Plus it's in LANCING not Shoreham, or Worthing. Shoreham starts from the river.

And it's Brighton City Airport so you can't use that "It's called Shoreham Airport" argument.

Who'd have thought 10 years ago that Lancing would be home to one of the most advanced sports training facilities in the UK as well as the Premier Summer Festival on the South Coast! :thumbup:

Shoreham Beach goes way past the river

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm EXCITED. Festivals are brilliant fun & you meet some amazing; although slightly drunk, people. The fact I'll be able to go home to a warm bed and a proper shower between the days of the festival is a coup too.

I wouldn't get too excited, SJM are the brains behind V Festival. I read they would be aiming to make this more family friendly than V so basically expect a V Lite.

V Line up last year - http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/v/chelmsford/2014/lineup.shtml

Secretly would really like to have seen Timby though.

Note Dapper Laughs in the Comedy tent. That probably won't be happening this year.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Slightly odd to prospectively hold it in early June, which is hardly the height of the Festival season! Maybe they are looking for an older demographic, like Meadowlands in Lewes did before closing, as at that time a lot of youngsters will be in the middle of their exams.

In terms of booking acts for festivals, early June is very good. It coincides with lots of European festivals, plus Download and the Isle of Wight in the UK. And youngsters in the middle of their exams are no longer a key target market for festivals - a senior exec at Livenation put it to me in the simple terms that they don't have enough money to be worth all the added hassle that they bring!

The only downside of holding it at that time of year is the high chance of pouring rain for the whole event. A pretty big downside, to be honest.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Finishing at 1am where will people go/head out after, Worthing has one club doesnt it? or will the ones who wish to carry on head to Brighton?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In terms of booking acts for festivals, early June is very good. It coincides with lots of European festivals, plus Download and the Isle of Wight in the UK. And youngsters in the middle of their exams are no longer a key target market for festivals - a senior exec at Livenation put it to me in the simple terms that they don't have enough money to be worth all the added hassle that they bring!

The only downside of holding it at that time of year is the high chance of pouring rain for the whole event. A pretty big downside, to be honest.

Target audience is apparently 16-25 age bracket, but I think there will be a fair few outside of that...

To be fair, it could be ANYTIME in the summer and be raining. Bobkin Jnr's birthday is in August and out of 10 birthdays, it's rained on about eight of them :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Finishing at 1am where will people go/head out after, Worthing has one club doesnt it? or will the ones who wish to carry on head to Brighton?

35,000 people all leaving Shoreham Airport at the same time ? It'll be daylight before they get as far as the High Street.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I wouldn't get too excited, SJM are the brains behind V Festival. I read they would be aiming to make this more family friendly than V so basically expect a V Lite.

V Line up last year - http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/v/chelmsford/2014/lineup.shtml

Secretly would really like to have seen Timby though.

Note Dapper Laughs in the Comedy tent. That probably won't be happening this year.

As I posted a bit further up the page, its apparently going to be linked with Parklife Manchester, in a similar way to how Reading/Leeds works. Looking at the 2014 Parklife line-up it could actually be quite good for somebody with a musical taste like mine.

http://www.skiddle.com/festivals/Parklife2/lineup.html

Day ticket for the Saturday to see: Snoop Dogg, Annie Mac, Kendrick Lamar, Bondax, Nero, Duke Dumont, Andy C, Flying Lotus, Zomby & Ben Pearce. Wouldn't complain with something like that again this year!

Wouldn't be surprised to see The Crown & Anchor stay open until 3/4am like it does on Christmas Eve/NYE. Can also see there being a shuttle bus that goes to Brighton, stops some of the congestion at Shoreham station, and works for people who want to go clubbing after.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
35,000 people all leaving Shoreham Airport at the same time ? It'll be daylight before they get as far as the High Street.

How many go to the RAFA airshow?

Has the Sussex Pad already trebled its room rates for that weekend?

I thought the Pad had closed down.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A chance to hear some of the up and coming bands then..........and Leo Sayer of course.

Ha, you call me a fuddy duddy yet rave about an eighty year old jewish grandad, would you know what an "up and coming "act is?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Needs a lessy clunky title than Shorehamstock shirley?

Aero-Drone ? After all its probably going to be populated by acts whose work sounds like they are hammering in an endless nail. No wonder youngsters have to take drugs at these festivals.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
where ???
regards
DR

Saw you walking down the street
Flares and slippers on your feet
You was knocke from head to toe
are you smart. no no no

Flares and slippers
Flares and slippers
Flares and slippers, oi

I have no idea what "You was knocke from head to toe" means, but it was a good old tune.

(BTW, was just referencing a song, not suggesting you are not smart or anything :))

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's definitely dividing opinion in SBS - I'm very intrigued to see how on earth they plan to get everyone in and out......

How the heck they are going to get 35,000 REVELLERS (slips smoothly into tabloidspeak) to and from Shoreham Airport two days running over that weekend I have not got a scooby. But I will watch with interest from afar.

Well they manage to get 200k people in and out of a farm in Somerset every year so 35k should be a doddle right?

Jan 30, 2008
Saw you walking down the street
Flares and slippers on your feet
You was knocke from head to toe
are you smart. no no no

Flares and slippers
Flares and slippers
Flares and slippers, oi

I have no idea what "You was knocke from head to toe" means, but it was a good old tune.

(BTW, was just referencing a song, not suggesting you are not smart or anything :))
me neither , cockney word I would imagine, see them play Brighton top rank in the day ,wouldn't have recognised the lyrics, flares and slippers annoy me ???
regards
DR

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ha, you call me a fuddy duddy yet rave about an eighty year old jewish grandad, would you know what an "up and coming "act is?

Oh I see ageist and anti Semitic now are we. Why mention he is Jewish. Shocking reply.

Anyway I was talking about the kids going not me. Anyway I might park my deckchair outside the pub there and listen just like they do for the Shoreham air show.............'Come on turn it up '

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports