Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham/Southwick/Portslade

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What are u talking about. No council tenants have EVER been moved to Mile Oak! I should know having lived here for 15 years.

If you've got a young family then mile oak is excellent...i moved over here from Patcham and would never leave.

I am talking about the late 70s and early 80s when several problem families were offered incentives to move , their kids are probably still involved in drugs peddling and other criminal activities.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I am talking about the late 70s and early 80s when several problem families were offered incentives to move , their kids are probably still involved in drugs peddling and other criminal activities.

Really? maybe in the mid 90's when they built on the old cornfields/Fox way etc.. but I can't recall all that happening in the 80's...

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

From bout 76 onwards they did move a lot of Whitehawk/East Brighton families to the new Portslade estates, built just above near where I lived, rather than Mile Oak - thats why they built the Peter Gladwin School, which I attended from its opening, to cater for the new increasing population. There were a few 'problem' families I guess, but I made a lot of friends up there and most people were alright. Actually remember listening to a radio in Forge Close when we got promoted at Newcastle in 79. Brilliant stuff!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I've lived in Whitehawk for about 10 years now and there is nothing wrong with the area?most people on here who are slagging the area down have probably never been to whitehawk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thinking about buying a house outside Brighton.

Are there any dodgy area's out there, or is it all nice? Will go and have a look around when I've got some time, just hoping the lovely people from NSC will give me some idea's.

Should be OK with a house. I would get a second opinion about Lancing and Southwick/Fishersgate and some of the new estates in Shoreham. There are large deprived areas in Fishersgate and Lancing, comparable and probably worse than Moulscombe and Whitehawk.

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
I actually moved from portslade to lancing and have been there for 5 years. I actually prefer lancing and with anywhere, you will always have good and bad areas - you just have to do your research before you buy. I have also lived in Whitehawk and I don't think you can compare that estate with anything in lancing. That's just my opinion!

Scanny

Should be OK with a house. I would get a second opinion about Lancing and Southwick/Fishersgate and some of the new estates in Shoreham. There are large deprived areas in Fishersgate and Lancing, comparable and probably worse than Moulscombe and Whitehawk.

Where are the large deprived areas in Lancing then?

I have lived there since the Mid 80's since we moved from W London, and have never seen these places?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here