[Sussex] Shoreham Chilli Fiesta this weekend

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Last time I went in the Marlipins it had really gone downhill. There was a tv screen showing some sort of quiz (with adverts) that everyone seemed to be ignoring. We drank our pints then left. The Wellington may be a better bet, and will have some music as well.

I still like the Marli's, its very "homely", just the type of pub I like (if a little pricey). The TV's are just background if they're on at all, they never seem to have the sound up, which is fine by me.

I'm still wrestling with my decision tomorrow though. Do I pay a visit to this chillifest and have a drinkies in town ? Or do I drag the TV into the back garden, get a load of beer in, and loaf about in the sun watching the Ashes all day ?

Hmmm.
*strokes chins thoughtfully*

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
For the cider drinkers on this thread, the small but perfectly formed Old Star across the road from the Chilli Fest, stocks Seacider and the full Wobblegate range.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thought Shoreham did itself proud today. OK, Chillifest wasn't the biggest but there was a wide array of chilli-related food options available, the natives were friendly, the sun was shining, there were more markets than you could shake a stick at, and a load of welcoming pubs. Good place to be.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thought Shoreham did itself proud today. OK, Chillifest wasn't the biggest but there was a wide array of chilli-related food options available, the natives were friendly, the sun was shining, there were more markets than you could shake a stick at, and a load of welcoming pubs. Good place to be.

Will be popping down the road tomorrow to have a gander

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports