Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Shoreham cafes

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Need a cafe in Shoreham town centre to meet someone for coffee, and lunchtime bite (Tuna Ciabatta, Avocado on toast, bacon sandwich, maybe piece of cake type thing). I know there's at least four or five around there so simple which is best ?

Thanking you in anticipation (y)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cafe over the footbridge on the beach is very good

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I used to use the Bridge Inn when going for walks along the Adur - it overlooks the river, has heated outdoor seating and a wide choice of food - It may have changed hands since I last went (about 9 years ago!) but the snacks and coffee were good, as was the view.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tom’s opposite the footbridge will give you what you’re looking for but I find that place a bit of a shambles.

Walk down East Street and you’ll find three or four or if you carry on round the corner by St Mary’s you’ll find Ginger & Dobbs, Hector’s Shed and Artisan. I’d go for Artisan. Lots of tables .

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I used to use the Bridge Inn when going for walks along the Adur - it overlooks the river, has heated outdoor seating and a wide choice of food - It may have changed hands since I last went (about 9 years ago!) but the snacks and coffee were good, as was the view.

Yes I've not been for a while but the Bridge is surprisingly good

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Tom’s opposite the footbridge will give you what you’re looking for but I find that place a bit of a shambles.

Walk down East Street and you’ll find three or four or if you carry on round the corner by St Mary’s you’ll find Ginger & Dobbs, Hector’s Shed and Artisan. I’d go for Artisan. Lots of tables .
Agreed, Artisan would be my recommendation. G&D is Hove passports only isn't it?

Teddys good for a big breakfast.

Patisserie is consistently good but always busy. And very small inside.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Went for Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago. Still good food and decent prices.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do like Hectors Shed. Their take on a ploughman’s is tremendous. But it’s too small and I feel like my conversation is for all to hear and it’s all just a bit shoved together. Great staff and food though.

The Bridge is where my friends and I go out. Which isn’t as often these days. We all have individual favourite pubs but that’s the one we all agree on. Good food, excellent staff and the beer suits my unsophisticated palette. Lovely on the summer after a long walk for a session on the IPA.

Wouldn’t go there for cafe style food though. It’s all quite hearty fare, I thought.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks for all the replies, The Bridge is great but more 'main meal' than coffee and sandwich, so I think it will be Artisan or Hector's Shed (y)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Too late now for the OP but a friend works at the relatively new Port Kitchen. Good range of food and nice if you want to watch port comings and goings…..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Too late now for the OP but a friend works at the relatively new Port Kitchen. Good range of food and nice if you want to watch port comings and goings…..

That’s Southwick isn’t it? By the locks to go over to Carat’s cafe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here