Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air Show

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Just logged on so apologies if posted already...Air show at Shoreham is on tomoz so anyone coming from the West to the Amex please be aware as i think thousands of people go to it!!
You might wanna leave extra early :amex:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I thought it was going to be a guess the number of fatalities thread.

It does seem barely a year goes by without some horrific incident, but nobody bats an eye.

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
Thanks for the reminder..

Anyone have any experience of going to the airshow and what the surrounding roads are like around the airport? How bad do you reckon the A27 is going to be at say around 1730-1830hrs? I see on their site the flying stops around 1630hrs but obv I don't want to hit a gridlock if I can help it! Cheers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was gonna be a fly past by the last remaining airworthy Vulcan bomber, but technical problems mean it won't be coming. Shame, it is an awesome aircraft to hear and looks like Concorde's thuggish old uncle.

I'm guessing the coast road until past Shoreham may be the best option to get to and from the Amex?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I live opposite the runway on the coast road and road traffic in and out of lancing especially heading towards shoreham is a nightmare when it's finishing! I'm using trains so don't really care, sorry for brief post and lack of information, just driven home from holiday a day early so I didn't miss blackpool game. My wife is furious with me but hey, you do what you have to do...

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
The airshow doesn't usually make too much difference travelling from the West before matches as most people are already there by lunchtime. However, coming back is another matter altogether as (assuming the same as in recent years) they have single lane for A27 through traffic on the flyover to merge with traffic coming out of the airport which is made to head West. Anyone who want to go East from the airshow has to go to the Lancing Manor roundabout and turn around there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I noticed that the rozzers have signs stating that people parking on the verges of the A27 dual carriageway will be towed away and impounded.This should help through traffic as cheapskate air enthusiasts used to clog it right up.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
As already stated every other year there seems to be a fatal accident.

There should be a local referendum on the future of these air shows as these planes are not getting any younger, in fact some are probably a danger to the public.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
As already stated every other year there seems to be a fatal accident.

There should be a local referendum on the future of these air shows as these planes are not getting any younger, in fact some are probably a danger to the public.

If any of the operators of classic aircraft had any doubts as to the aircrafts and public's safety, the offending machine would be withdrawn from the show (Vulcan has had to cancel due to a fuel leak from one of its main fuel tanks already). The last public fatality at a British airshow was in 1952 at Farnborough, more chance of being run over by a bus I reckon.

MaggieT83

Oct 26, 2010
Pulborough
This will be the first Home game I miss because of the f***ing airs show I can't get work off at the pub because its so busy :( Had already bought the tickets as well. Gutted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If any of the operators of classic aircraft had any doubts as to the aircrafts and public's safety, the offending machine would be withdrawn from the show (Vulcan has had to cancel due to a fuel leak from one of its main fuel tanks already). The last public fatality at a British airshow was in 1952 at Farnborough, more chance of being run over by a bus I reckon.
Emphasis on the public bit.
How many pilots have died at Shoreham?
(This is a genuine question because it can't be as many as I think!)

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I live opposite the runway on the coast road and road traffic in and out of lancing especially heading towards shoreham is a nightmare when it's finishing! I'm using trains so don't really care, sorry for brief post and lack of information, just driven home from holiday a day early so I didn't miss blackpool game. My wife is furious with me but hey, you do what you have to do...

:lol: I'm impressed. added rep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here