Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

I should imagine that when a jet aircraft crashes into a dual carriageway, then both carriageways are equally effected.
I It was reported as having crashed on a slip road, making the nearer carriageway the far more dangerous one. The 4 second video (now taken down) from ZoeBeth on Twitter would confirm this. BTW, she tweeted this a few minutes ago: Ew my hair stinks of plane fuel and smoke. Perhaps somebody who is on Twitter could tell her just how much we here are concerned about her hair.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would suggest it's the possibility of getting some attention for it.

There's a perfectly valid reason for all the videos of the crash happening, everyone there presumably had an interest in it after all, but anything in the aftermath...why?

Edit; For clarity, everyone there had interest in the flight not the awful outcome.

Yep, it's hard to imagine why anyone would want to video the aftermath, especially so insensitively for youtube hits.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yep, it's hard to imagine why anyone would want to video the aftermath, especially so insensitively for youtube hits.

I get it. It's an "I was there" moment. I wouldn't do it myself, but wouldn't judge people who did. Unless you're a trained medic, you shouldn't be going around taking injured people out of cars anyway, so it's probably just shock and lack of being able to do anything to help that leads to it.

However, putting it online straight away is a **** thing to do.

RIP for all those involved in yet another Sussex tragedy. It's been a horrible summer 2015.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Please remove my video as well, apologies for posting it didn't mean to cause any hurt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I get it. It's an "I was there" moment. I wouldn't do it myself, but wouldn't judge people who did. Unless you're a trained medic, you shouldn't be going around taking injured people out of cars anyway, so it's probably just shock and lack of being able to do anything to help that leads to it.

However, putting it online straight away is a **** thing to do.

RIP for all those involved in yet another Sussex tragedy. It's been a horrible summer 2015.

Filming the aftermath is a very insensitive, not to mention, puzzling thing to do. I cannot fathom why someone would want to do this.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Mods please remove posts containing aftermath without delay. Police officers I know who attended the scene spoke of unspeakably horrific scenes so please out of respect either remove the posts or close the thread.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Simply awful, very subdued here in Shoreham.

All thoughts to those that have lost loved ones

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here