Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shopping for a Digital Camera

i have a nikon and it is pretty nice. the problem with all digital cameras at this price range is the shutter speed. you press to take a photo and there is a delay. it makes it impossible to take pictures of anything moving

:shootself sorry

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
kalinski said:
i have a nikon and it is pretty nice. the problem with all digital cameras at this price range is the shutter speed. you press to take a photo and there is a delay. it makes it impossible to take pictures of anything moving

:shootself sorry

Also a complete nightmare trying to take a photo of anything at night, even with the flash on. And that's a £200+ Pentax. Great for holiday snaps and well-lit day-time shots tho - but you must get rechargeable batteries. More important than the choice of camera in many ways. Jessops should be able to sort you out with something decent for the money.

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Pentax Optio s5i is a nice compact digital camera. Recently the price has dropped on this model as well due to iminent release of its successor so you can get one online for 180 quid and its very small very easy to use and the qualit yof pics is excellent.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=77738

P0077738_C0000033_P0000000.jpg

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
7dayshop is the cheepest on the web

FACT !!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I bought a Pentax. They are inferior to a few other makes.

They are very fragile and the zoom lens is the weak point. It easily gets jammed (slight knock, inevitable or even being shaken when the lens is open).

The flash is awful as well as the colours come out all awry on the Pentax 330GS (now out of date).

Shutter lag occurs on all the small models. The small size somewhwat makes up for this restriction.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: Most chain shops in Brighton will match the price at Park Cameras in Burgess Hill (usually cheap).

I knocked £100 of the cost of my Pentax as the price (£250 to £150) had come down because of a new model.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
perseus said:
I bought a Pentax. They are inferior to a few other makes.

They are very fragile and the zoom lens is the weak point. It easily gets jammed (slight knock, inevitable or even being shaken when the lens is open).

The flash is awful as well as the colours come out all awry on the Pentax 330GS (now out of date).

Shutter lag occurs on all the small models. The small size somewhwat makes up for this restriction.

Ive have a Pentax 330 Gs opio (or something) brought in Oz about 3 years ago..

Its been around the world twice, snowboarding, downhill biking etc etc, and it works as good as the day it was made..

Just though i'd say !!!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I got my Pentax repaired even though the guarantee had run out by five days.

This meant taking it into the shop and waiting five weeks. This is an advantage of buying in shops.

About half of the people I know have breakdowns in the first 18 months with some makes.

Nikon, Fuji have less (none known) breakdowns than Pentax. Some makes may be worse.

Olympus are better now. People with them are getting better pictures*, but these may be the £300 models.

*This is frustrating: I want a new camera, not quite affordable rightaway.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What I found with getting one on t'internet (pixmania I think it was) is that tho you get a bit of a saving you really have to read the small print else you'll end up with an Owner's Manual written in French and a continental adaptor battery-charger. Merde!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let me know what you decide on - might have an affiliate link that would earn NSC at least a fiver if you click through and purchase...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here